Dual Director of Sales - Sonesta ES Suites Chicago Waukegan - Opportunity for $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
The Dual Director of Sales (DDOS) develops and implements the total sales and marketing strategy of two or more hotels located in the same market to ensure that joint occupancy, average daily rate and market share goals are achieved. This includes creating and implementing specific revenue, sales and marketing strategies and tactical plans by hotel and the joint enterprise. Results are monitored and adjusted to current market conditions to stay nimble and react advantageously to competitors, as well as position each hotel appropriately in the market. The DDOS will work directly with multiple General Managers and the Regional leadership team to identify specific extended stay strategies and tactics to drive revenue according to the market’s seasonal demand. They also manage multiple hotel Sales Managers who will both represent an individual hotel and the joint enterprise, as well as will work with Sonesta’s Marketing, Revenue Management, and Global Sales teams to leverage national brand strategies at the local level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of all hotels.
- Develop new accounts, maintain existing accounts, and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the market while maintaining guest satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce extended stay room sales. Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
- Partner with all hotel GM’s and the Regional Sales Director to effectively maximize RevPar opportunities in the local market.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals to maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budgets, the market’s sales and marketing plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of all hotels. Produce regular reports and sales forecasts.
- Work as part of the senior leadership team of the hotels to positively impact the effectiveness of the operation of the hotels.
- Manage the team Sales employees, direct the day-to-day activities of the team, plan, organize, and assign work, develop and communicate strategies and goals. Create, train, and motivate those responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotels, while maintaining guest satisfaction. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures. Manage all human resources-related actions in accordance with Company’s rules and policies.
- Create and implement the tactical sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, and increase business volume during off-peak periods. Enhance the image of the hotels in the local community. Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales exceed the established revenue plan.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rates.
- Coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the hotel’s leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups. In coordination with the General Managers, serve as the market representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the Corporate Communications Department as necessary.
- Prepare Weekly/Monthly reporting on account, individual, segment, and tier production.
- Act as “Manager on duty” as required.
- Attend Evening Social and Breakfast events as a representative of the management team of all hotels to greet and welcome guests and to prospect for additional sales leads.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous Director of Sales experience required.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Opera and Automated Sales Systems preferred.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Aleron companies (Broadleaf Results and TalentRISE) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.