The California licensed Leasing Experience Specialist is responsible for executing the company’s strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue and customer success goals by facilitating a consistent, high quality end-to-end resident experience from initial inquiry through the duration of the residency. This position will manage the new lease and renewal process, communicate lease enhancement options to prospective and current residents and provide superior customer service to ensure enjoyment of a worry-free leasing lifestyle.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain awareness of residential home inventory, including pricing, availability, lease expirations, market activity and trends, and competitive available homes.
- Provide robust and timely feedback to the management team regarding market and home conditions, customer sentiment, and items that could improve or hinder performance.
- Facilitate the initial and renewal lease process including understanding resident needs, communicating requirements and negotiating lease rates within guidelines set by asset management.
- Conduct diligent and accurate follow up and ongoing communication with prospective and current residents within the expected timeline to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew.
- Conduct in-person showings to prospective residents as needed.
- Promote lease enhancement options to new and existing residents.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by coordinating resolution of resident concerns and questions that arise at any time during their Invitation Homes experience.
- Develop and maintain first class customer service relationships with future, current and past residents
- Partner closely with market leadership and stakeholders to address resident needs, identify trends and create solutions.
- Maintain extensive understanding of resident facing programs and platforms, such as, smart home technology, Invitation Homes resident portal, SMS maintenance platform, and any other resident-facing programs or processes.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, including all laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate and property management
Education and/or Experience
- High School or GED
- 2+ years of real estate leasing or relevant sales experience
- 2+ years of Customer service experience
- Must be able to travel via own vehicle within assigned area as needed (light-moderate amount of travel anticipated)
- Experience working with Yardi or Salesforce preferred
- Customer focus: Striving for high customer satisfaction, going out of your way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible on the customer
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Initiative: Taking ownership of your work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Active State Real Estate License
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive pay ranging from $60,000 - $70-000
- Annual bonus program
- Health, dental vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off plans including vacation accrual, sick time, standard holidays and floating holidays
- 401(K) with company matching
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings (Pre and Post-Covid)
Invitation Homes is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. Invitation Homes strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability, marital or familial status, genetic information, military or veteran status, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer), sex (including, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, request for leave, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. This commitment to EEO extends to all areas of employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, compensation, benefits, termination, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms or conditions of employment.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and advantages of employment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
Applicants are protected from retaliation for filing a complaint or assisting in the investigation of a complain under this policy. Any questions concerning this policy or complaints about conduct prohibited by this policy should be forwarded to the Ethics Hotline at 877-231-3984 or www.reportlineweb.com/invitationhomes.