Senior Human Resources Manager
Job Description SummaryUnder the direction of the General Manager, the Senior Human Resources Manager carries out the daily activities of the Human Resource department including recruitment, benefits and compensation, employee relations, leave management, reward and recognition, health and safety, and training and development. Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as maintains compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
- HIRE THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB (Recruitment and Hiring Process)
- Identify, recruit, and make recommendations for the hiring all non-exempt candidates. Assist Human Resources Director in hiring process for exempt positions. Screen, interview and test applicants; coordinate background checks/references, and process applicable paperwork, etc. for all candidates.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files on all employees in accordance with Sonesta policy, as well as applicable local and state laws.
- Ensure that company hiring standards, laws and applicable regulations are followed in the application, hiring and selection process.
- Work with department heads to anticipate and plan for upcoming staffing needs and related budgets.
- Document outreach efforts and effectively recruit to attract a diverse candidate pool to ensure implementation and monitoring of Affirmative Action goals.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate HRIS (WORKDAY) activities of the hotel to maximize the use of human resources and maintain functions. Maintain WORKDAY data integrity and work with department managers and HR team to enter and process data via both electronic and paper processes.
- RETAIN EMPLOYEE’S AND MAKE THEM BETTER (Employee Development)
- Facilitate effective training and development programs for employees which may include programs such as new brand initiatives, guest service training, the progressive discipline process, performance management process, and related management programs and initiatives.
- Assist with ensuring all annual compliance trainings have been completed, as well as any start or local required trainings (i.e. alcohol awareness, kitchen safety, etc.); track training using appropriate Sonesta tools.
- Work with Corporate Training Partner to schedule and execute required annual training
- Oversees onboarding of non-exempt employees and the HR orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job; ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program and attendance by all new hires with the participation of the leadership team in training programs.
- PROTECT THE EMPLOYEE, THE GUEST AND THE ASSET (Legal and Compliance)
- Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management documentation, and files are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance with procedures for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files, medical records are maintained in a separate and ensures compliance with Sonesta Audit Standards and the Privacy Act.
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook and code of conduct.
- Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.
- Assists in the management of associate leave claims (FMLA, Personal, Worker’s Compensation, etc.) to ensure appropriate employee care, manage costs and track time off.
- Provide required documentation in response to unemployment claims. Participate in unemployment hearings as needed. Ensure that paperwork is complete and documentation is thorough so the company’s position can be legally and effectively represented.
- FAIR AND CONSISTANT HR OFFICE, THAT COMMUNICATES AND MAKES EMPLOYEES FEEL GOOD ABOUT COMING TO WORK. (Employee Relations)
- Support and administer effective employee relations programs. Assist in the research and investigation of non-exempt workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential liability to the Company, and facilitate resolution. Support and promote the Employee Resolution process.
- Assist in planning of employee events, update bulletin boards and monitors, assist in creating annual employee engagement activities calendar
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.