Drive the Experience
As a member of our lean and agile tech teams, you'll be one of the people driving the experience, connecting viewers with the stories they love. Whether they're watching on desktop, on mobile, or in the living room, we're perfecting every line of code so our viewers' experience is unparalleled. Here you can work through the full life cycle of development utilizing the latest and greatest tech. And your work and efforts will actually be seen and enjoyed by our viewers — from the Oscars to the Super Bowl and countless streaming hours in between.
The part you’ll play and preparation for your role.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
The User Entitlements and Devices team is responsible for ensuring that the right feature and content is available to the right user. This touches every aspect of the business – from user-specific rules, to content-specific rules, to reporting and, to advertising. We are looking for a senior developer engineer who will focus on high scalable systems that support all the geo location and entitlement services across Disney streaming services. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, security and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
What you'll do
- Design and develop the large-scale, real-time, reliable and globally available platforms.
- Build robust and scalable micro-services and data pipelines.
- End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance.
- Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements.
- Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Flink, Spark, AWS.
- Challenge our team and software to be even better.
What to bring
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
- Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
- The quality-first mindset with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms
- Proficiency in data streaming technologies such as Spark and Flink
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.