General Manager - Sonesta Simply Suites Orange County Airport -- Opportunity for $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
The General Manager (GM) is the onsite leader of the hotel and represents the company with all guests, clients, associates, and owners. The General Manager is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on driving revenue, controlling costs, providing guest and associate satisfaction, and delivering product and service quality. To accomplish this the GM will work directly with Sonesta’s marketing, revenue management, and sales team and the shared accounting, facilities, human resources, information technology and procurement services that support the hotels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of the hotel. Create processes and procedures to ensure the hotel is properly supplied with all guest amenities, all food and beverage outlets are meeting guest expectations, and the hotel is properly maintained and clean.
- Manage the direct sales activities of the hotel in partnership with the hotel’s Regional Sales Director (RSD) and Global Sales Office (GSO) to uncover the appropriate demand located in the hotel’s trade area. Directly supervise the hotel’s Director of Sales and partner with the above sales support team to create and execute the hotel’s sales and marketing plan to secure the fair market share of business for the hotel.
- Manage the overall seasonal demand strategy in partnership with the hotel’s Regional Revenue Manager (RRM) with regard to room type and length of stay pricing. Work with the hotel’s property management system (Opera) and reservation system (Synxis) to maximize revenue through occupancy and rate adjustments based on market conditions.
- Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Manage the Sonesta ES Suites brand positioning through the proper use of all marketing programs. This would include, but is not limited to the creation of everyday surprises, the implementation and management of the company’s guest recognition program (Travel Pass) and the proper use of all logo and graphics standards.
- Manage the front office, housekeeping, and food and beverage operation of the hotel through the direct supervision of the Operations Manager.
- Manage the appearance, condition, and preventive maintenance of the physical plant through the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
- Attend Evening Social and Breakfast events as a representative of the management team of the hotel and to prospect for additional sales leads.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of capital and operational budgets for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the company. Work with the Finance Department on the identification of variances and communication to ownership on the hotel’s financial condition.
- In partnership with the hotel’s assigned General Ledger Accountant and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report the inflow of money in and out of the hotel.
- In partnership with the Manager, National Engineering and Facilities Operations and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the condition of the physical building(s), grounds, and parking surfaces. This includes the creation and management of the hotel’s annual capital and operations expense budget to improve and maintain the facility for guests and ownership.
- In partnership with the hotel’s assigned Human Resources representatives and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the human resources and benefits programs within the hotel. This includes the recruiting, onboarding, training, ongoing performance management, and offboarding of all associates of the hotel.
- In partnership with the assigned Information Technology representatives and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the proper use, maintenance and location of all information technology hardware and software provided to the hotel. This includes the proper use of all systems in order to service all guests and provide a return on investment to owners.
- In partnership with the assigned Procurement representatives and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the purchasing of all supplies needed to manage the hotel. This includes the proper use of any platforms and/or programs to leverage purchasing power and the analysis of hotel spending to identify efficiencies.
- Enforce hotel standards, policies, and procedures are in place within the hotel departments.
- Act as “Manager on duty” as required.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Will be exposed to commercial cleaning chemicals
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Three years as a General Manager, Operations Manager, and/or Director of Sales in extended stay hotels preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems preferred.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered. #IND2
Aleron companies (Broadleaf Results and TalentRISE) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.