Director of Sales - Sonesta Select San Jose - Opportunity for $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Job Description Summary
The Director of Sales (DOS) develops and implements the total sales and marketing strategy of one assigned hotel to ensure that occupancy, average daily rate and market share goals are achieved. This includes creating and implementing specific revenue, sales and marketing strategies and tactical plans. Results are monitored and adjusted to current market conditions to stay nimble and react advantageously to competitors, as well as position the hotel appropriately in the market. The DOS will work directly with the General Manager and the Regional leadership team to identify specific strategies and tactics to drive revenue according to the market’s demand. They may also work with Sonesta’s Marketing, Revenue Management, and Global Sales teams to leverage national brand strategies at the local level. This is an on-property sales position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of the hotel.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and market partners.
- Develop new accounts, maintain existing accounts, and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction. Create room allocation and pricing strategies for all Local Negotiated Accounts, collaborate with the General Manager and Regional Revenue Manager for counsel as needed.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals, and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel sales and marketing plan, and other assigned financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel. Produce regular reports and sales forecasts.
- Work as part of the senior leadership team of the hotel to positively impact the effectiveness of the operation of the hotel.
- If managing other Sales employees, hiring and evaluating the appropriate sales people for the hotel, directing the day-to-day activities of the team, planning, organizing and assigning work, developing and communicating strategies and goals. Create, train, and motivate those responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while maintaining guest satisfaction. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures. Manage all human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies.
- Independently create and implement hotel-level tactical sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, and increase business volume during off-peak periods. Monitor sales activities and performance to ensure actual sales exceed the established revenue plan.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends. Coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rates.
- Coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups. In coordination with General Manager, serve as hotel representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the Corporate Communications as necessary.
- Prepare Weekly/Monthly reporting on account, individual, segment, and tier production.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Three years of previous select service hotel sales experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Opera and Automated Sales Systems preferred.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Aleron companies (Broadleaf Results and TalentRISE) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.