At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. We combine the experience and knowledge of a management consulting firm with the innovation and technology expertise of a cloud services firm, providing a truly unique work environment. Employees have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and make a significant impact on the business outcomes of our clients and our company.
Over the past years, Maven Wave has received the following awards and accolades:
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch, 2017
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work, 2017
- Fast Fifty (#2, #6, #25), Crain's Chicago Business, 2014, 2015, 2016
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR), 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine, 2015, 2016
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch, 2015
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year 2015
Maven Wave, Google, and YOU: help us build and deliver solutions for our clients!
As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect (DevOps) you will be expected to drive all technical and automated build solutions design within both existing architectures and new solutions. This includes the automation of operational processes as well as building and evolving continuous delivery platforms with the objective of provisioning and moving changes into production in a faster and higher quality manner. With your technical background, you easily interact and work with client infrastructure and development teams and other 3rd-party partners under their Out of Data Center strategies. With your leadership background you are as at ease orchestrating project execution as with presenting to peers and senior executive audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- End-to-end understanding of software development methodologies and tool chains including build automation, server configuration management, version control, testing, code quality and release automation.
- Hands-on experience architecting, engineering and managing cloud solutions on Google, AWS and/or Azure. GCP specific experience includes App Engine, Compute, Kubernetes, REST API, Bigtable
- Knowledge in a variety of DevOps tool spaces including:
- CI (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Build Management (e.g., Maven, Ant, MSBuild, Gradle
- Automated Tests (e.g., Unit, Functional, Regression)
- Server Config Mgmt (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, DSC)
- Release Management (e.g., XebiaLabs, CA RA, Urban Code)
- DB Automation (e.g., Flyway, Liquibase)
- Containers and Container Services (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- SCM (e.g., Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, GitHub)
- Packaging & Binary Repositories (e.g., NuGet, Nexus, Artifactory)
- Change/Issue Management (e.g., Jira, ServiceNow, Service Desk, TFS)
- Provisioning Frameworks (e.g., VMWare, Cloud Services, Cloud Foundry, Terraform)
- Monitoring (e.g., Splunk, ELKStack, AppDynamics, Nagios)
- Scripting (e.g., Shell, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Go, Groovy)
- Lead and guide the management of the DevOps tools utilized by the development teams to ensure scalability and resilience.
- Identify industry best practices and draft standards for design and implementation of continuous delivery, integration pipelines and automation workflows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with clients, internal and partner resources
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Previous System Administration and Operations experience with data center infrastructure both physical and virtual
- Programming/development experience including Agile process (SCRUM, KANBAN)
- Related certification with one of the public cloud platforms