Sonesta Hotels is a surprisingly different and welcoming full service hotel brand that focuses on guest services and providing an unique experience. We work hard to build meaningful relationships with our colleagues and guests. Every Sonesta Hotel team member plays an important role in our guest experience; therefore we invest in the personal and professional growth of all associates. You will work in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks. If you are a creative people person and want to have some fun at work, then look no further.
Job Description Summary
Provides exceptional levels of guest service throughout guests' stay. Respond to emergency codes, implement and train staff on new procedures, ensure that all front office quality standards are adhered to, increase communication levels within the hotel both with other departments as well as guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Assist in preparing weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demand.
- Assist in conducting pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Assign work duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the department’s standards and delegate theses tasks.
- Ensure staff is using all Sonesta Service Standards.
- Must be actively involved in ongoing technical and personal service training on a daily basis.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process, ensuring agreement to hotel standards, anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Handle all guest complaints in a polite and professional manner.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guest.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Ensure that all V.I.P.'s are pre-registered according to standards.
- Inspect V.I.P. arrival room’s daily, ensuring compliance to standards.
- Monitor V.I.P. arrivals; greet and escort them to their room.
- Review resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and group special requests.
- Check-in/out of guests in accordance to Sonesta Service Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events