Invitation Homes is a fast-paced evolving company, offering high-quality homes for lease in desirable neighborhoods across America. As the nation’s premiere home leasing company, we own, lease and operate approximately 80,000 properties ensuring a move-in ready living space that provides a clean, safe, and functional home for our residents.
The market teams include our Leasing and Property Management teams as well as our Rehab, Turns & Maintenance professionals. Together, our talented teams create excellent resident experiences from the time the resident moves into the home, throughout the duration of their lease and during their transition as they move out. Our teams work hard to create and maintain high-quality homes and ensure potential residents are presented with a rental property they can’t refuse!
We are seeking candidates with a drive to excel in our thriving organization. We are looking for professionals who are ready to join our work-family, provide excellent service to internal and external customers and embrace our fast and friendly approach. As the single-family home rental industry is quickly evolving, we are looking for dedicated learners who are passionate to serve our residents and maintain top-quality homes. Apply today! We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
The Superintendent is responsible for full-cycle oversight of property rehab and turnover efforts including project scoping, project budgeting, budget compliance, change order management, project coordination, and project quality control. The Superintendent is responsible for managing third-party contractors as well as internal Maintenance Technicians to ensure timely and on-budget project delivery. Superintendents also interface with residents when performing pre move-out visits (PMOV), move-out inspections (MOI) and new resident orientations (RO) for each project.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Move Out Inspections (MOI) to include a thorough inspection of the property and creation of a comprehensive scope of work to ensure that each property is transitioned (or returned) to a lease-ready condition as quickly and cost-effectively as possible in accordance with the company’s fit and finish standards
- Understand and apply project management principles for multiple property/projects that run concurrently; Execute on rehab and turn scopes by managing general contractors/vendors to ensure quality, on-time and on-budget projects
- Communicate project completion times and project status updates
- Observe and ensure job site safety during project management visits
- Document and submit change orders, ensuring necessity of scope, cost effectiveness, and proper completion of approved work
- Document the entire rehab and turn process with “before” and “after” photos
- Complete the quality control review and punch list process for all home rehab and turn projects
- Install Smart Home components (hub, door lock, thermostat, etc.) in vacant homes and perform minor repairs as needed or assigned (minor adjustments to doors and hardware, installation of minor part, etc.)
- Work in conjunction with Regional management and leadership to assist with vendor management
- Negotiate with vendors and GCs for price, scope and timelines for repairs/replacements based on company standards
- Based on Company’s direction and guidance, identify costs that should be charged to the resident at move-out
- Perform Pre Move-Out Visits (PMOV) with residents to advise and educate residents about the expectations of home condition at move-out
- Conduct Resident Orientations (RO) for new residents to introduce them to their new home, set resident responsibility expectations, teach them how their mechanical systems work, document the condition of the home at move-in and educate them regarding the Invitation Homes ProCare program
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum two years of project management experience; managing concurrent projects, budgets, timelines, and qualify of work
- Residential remodeling, construction and maintenance experience preferred
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to set, manage and consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse workforce
- Ability to negotiate pricing for construction/maintenance work utilizing a time and material pricing structure
- Comfortable navigating technology using a tablet (e.g. iPad) and general business applications (e.g. Outlook, Salesforce, etc.)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to build effective professional relationships and influence outcomes
- Ability to create and manage a budget for concurrent projects
- Knowledge of local building codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating and project management
- General knowledge of residential construction including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC
- Must be proactive, self-directed, highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast- paced, ever changing environment; must be adaptable and flexible
- Experience managing contractors to execute work
- Ability to safely drive an automobile
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Must provide basic hand and power tools
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays if needed
- Extensive travel within assigned portfolio required
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment
- Ability to operate assigned equipment and vehicles
- Ability to verbally communicate to exchange information
- Indoor and outdoor field environment
- Exposure to atmospheric conditions
- Travel from site to site
- Work and/or walk on various types of surfaces
Invitation Homes is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. Invitation Homes strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability, marital or familial status, genetic information, military or veteran status, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer), sex (including, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, request for leave, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. This commitment to EEO extends to all areas of employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, compensation, benefits, termination, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms or conditions of employment.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and advantages of employment. Please contact email@example.com to request accommodation.
Applicants are protected from retaliation for filing a complaint or assisting in the investigation of a complain under this policy. Any questions concerning this policy or complaints about conduct prohibited by this policy should be forwarded to the Ethics Hotline at 877-231-3984 or www.reportlineweb.com/invitationhomes.