SUMMARY & VISION FOR THIS POSITION
The Senior Account Executive (Sr. AE) position is a hybrid role that includes aspects of project management, client service and marketing/media planning. He/she is responsible for day-to-day communication with the client(s) as well as securing/managing internal resources to execute all marketing/media plans. The Sr. AE performs these duties w/increasingly limited supervision as they learn & develop w/experience. The Sr. AEs at Butler/Till are problem solvers. He or she is the “face” of Butler/Till to the client & it is her/his responsibility to gather & interpret client input, conduct & gather research, proactively provide solutions to stated marketing objectives, develop strategies & media mix recommendations & manage cross-functional teams within the agency to deliver best in class marketing/media campaigns that are on strategy, on time & on budget. A successful Sr. AE at Butler/Till is a self-starter, enjoys working in teams, & has proficient communications skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for day to day account management including the development, organization & successful completion of client media plans & campaigns.
- Possess a deep understanding of client’s business & category & build similar understanding within agency.
- Possess deep understanding of all media types (traditional, digital, social, etc.) to lead/assist in developing marketing/media strategies & media mix recommendations for our clients.
- Apply proprietary & syndicated research tools to develop strategic & knowledge-based target/audience profiles, marketing/media strategies, media mix recommendations & budget allocation direction (tactic, audience, market, etc.). Organize & oversee primary research efforts when necessary.
- Develop & share client briefs to inform media strategy & plan development alongside Sr. team members.
- Lead the process for being the “internal client” & fostering effective collaboration w/other departments (media, analytics, operations, etc.) to ensure ongoing account & campaign/project needs are communicated, organized & being met.
- Oversee campaign performance reports, providing insights & recommendations for optimizations when applicable in collaboration w/media and analytics team members.
- Lead the process for revisiting & potentially changing campaign strategy & media plan recommendations based on ongoing performance of campaign and/or shifting goals/objectives.
- Develop scope of work and manage in collaboration with account leadership, media and analytics
- Identify and develop new business ideas and organic growth opportunities within the account(s)
- Build & own relationships at appropriate client & agency partner level according to the client/agency relationship matrix
- Create & share Account Health Checkup process info. w/account leadership at identified cadence w/focus on client/agency relationships, opportunities & threats & leverage agency resources to resolve & address.
- Contribute to and oversee, with junior staff as necessary, the ongoing maintenance of the account forecasting process with focus on meeting and exceeding identified financial goals. Develop and lead measures to meet/exceed profitability and revenue goals.
- Lead the budget management and billing process to ensure accuracy and timeliness of client/campaign billing and adherence to budget parameters (in collaboration with other account, media and operations team members) including providing budget status reports to account leadership.
- Set clear team priorities; communicate brand objectives and strategies; anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks; define success in terms of the whole team.
- Actively participate in strategic media and creative client presentations, presenting to articulate Butler/Till’s point of view.
- Ensure successful adoption/utilization of Butler/Till’s processes and documentation guidelines
- Provide training support to new team members who are acclimating to the brand, technology & agency.
- Motivate and lead internal and external resources, build good relationships with various teams and keep them focused on quality deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Present complex information both orally and in writing.
- Stay current of advertising trends (including social media, ad technologies, mobile, etc.)
- Facilitate teamwork by delegating and involving junior staff members whenever possible.
- Assist Sr. leadership in developing proposals & gathering information for organic growth and new business opportunities.
- Proactively support and participate in agency improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the marketing, advertising and/or media field.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field.
- Agency and/or media sales experience preferred.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient w/MS Office tools including Microsoft Word, Excel (including pivot tables), and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with media planning and research tools preferred (e.g., MRI, Kantar, comScore, Google AdWords/AdPlanner and website analytics).
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Independent and self-directed yet also team-oriented.
- Strong project management skills; must be well-organized with ability to multi-task.
- Flexible and intuitive personality who can manage internal and client relationships.