Senior Integrated Planners demonstrate a strong knowledge of the Strategy & Planning function. They autonomously manage all aspects of the planning process and are learning to delegate appropriate tasks and projects to junior team members. They may be asked to train, coach, and mentor junior staff members as it relates to the various elements of this function. Individuals in this role are able to gain the trust and confidence of others through clear communication and a depth of media knowledge. They are able to autonomously participate in external discussions, and able to accurately discuss plans and reporting. Individuals may be called upon to support a variety of accounts. Individuals in this role may be called upon to support new business where appropriate or client on boarding initiatives to ensure a seamless experience for all parties.
Senior Integrated Planners are strategic, critical thinkers and understand the ‘why’ throughout all aspects of their work. Individuals in this role demonstrate strong communication skills, present with confidence, anticipate questions, able to persuade others, and have strong internal relationships.
Individuals must be curious, self-motivated, and eager to learn a wide variety of subjects, ranging from media planning to consumer media trends to client industries. They demonstrate strong individual accountability, taking ownership and responsibility for all aspects of their work. Individuals must demonstrate grace under pressure, display consistent professional behavior, and navigate difficult internal and external discussions for positive outcomes.
Strategy & Planning
- Demonstrating a deep knowledge their assigned client(s) business, industry, products, brands, campaigns, etc.
- Able to read and interpret briefs, and actively participates in briefing sessions to obtain appropriate input
- Able to brief the appropriate Specialist team members to support their development of channel strategy recommendations
o Ensures team members have all needed information, including background on the ask, target audience, budget guidelines, geographic considerations, etc.
- Actively building media strategies that deliver on the outlined goals, objectives, and KPIs, with limited oversight
- Able to develop a strong media plans, that include:
o Strong media strategy that delivers on the ask
o Recommendations supported through a balance of storytelling, persuasion, and facts
o Collaborates on the development of audience targeting strategies
o Determining channel and vendor selection criteria
o Factors may influence media flighting
o Development of a media mix
o Estimating anticipated plan delivery
- Actively pulling and interpreting research from various sources, such as syndicated partners to support media recommendations
o May be called upon to train others on research resources, where appropriate
- Accurately maintaining, updating, and communicating changes to appropriate plan and budget documents
- Has a strong knowledge of paid, owned, and earned media channels and corresponding industry terminology, and able to speak to the media channels in a way that conveys confidence from others
o Showcases strong knowledge of role, use cases, metrics, and general capabilities of a wide variety channels
- Plays an active role in external presentations and discussions
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team on performance metrics and KPIs, with limited oversight
- Collaborate on creative recommendations to ensure the best possible outcomes from media plans, with limited oversight
- Manages plan revisions, as appropriate
Deployment & Execution
- Able to answer cross-functional team questions on the plan through the buying process
- Independently sets up campaigns in Prisma
Stewardship & Reporting
- Understands the foundations of campaign performance, and how these learnings are applied
- Review beta dashboards to ensure they capture campaign performance with limited oversight
- Able to read and interpret performance reports and dashboards
- Maintains open communication with Specialist team members to understand campaign optimizations
- Develops performance observations, and actionable, meaningful insights
- Develops insights, and presents externally to convey confidence in the performance of campaigns
- Collaboratively build cross-channel optimization recommendations, with limited oversight
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED: seeking to understand client business challenges/needs and delivering continuous value to our clients
- EXTREMELY COLLABORATIVE: working with teams and across the organization with ease
- HIGHLY AGILE: able to continuously learn and quickly adapt to changing circumstance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required
- Individual growth will be based on a combination of experience, independence within the above categories as well as individual performance and a proven track record. While general guidelines for length of employment and/or length of time within a position may apply, individual growth is also largely dependent on agency/department need along with manager input relative to performance and skillset
SOFTWARE & COMPUTER SKILLS
o Intermediate-level use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
o Beginner-level use of Microsoft PowerBI
o Project management tools, such as Wrike
o Mediaocean, or other media buying programs
o Audience research tools (e.g. Simmons, Scarborough)
o Industry research tools (e.g. comScore, eMarketer, Mintel)
o Competitive spending reporting (e.g. Kantar)
Ability to define problems, collect and review data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. (i.e., business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals in this role may spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Proactively support and participate in agency improvement initiatives
- Individuals may be required to travel
- Support other teams as time permits
- Other duties as assigned