Washington, United States
Creates manufacturing work orders and job packets with supplied details and specifications from Sales, Customer Service, and Production. Serves as a resource to internal and external stakeholders on all work orders.
- Receives written instructions from the CSR to build work order specifications and instructions for production
- Reviews sales order form, purchase order, artwork, and sales estimate for accuracy and resolves any discrepancies
- Creates items, tools, and master estimates in the ERP system with relevant production specs, routings, and messaging
- Uses Artios CAD software to create manufacturing layouts
- Leads pre-production meetings with supervisors to review artwork, specs, layouts, and routings for new structures and designs
- Makes necessary modifications and changes based on feedback from supervisors
- Makes changes to existing work orders and communicates updates to Sales, Customer Service, Scheduling and/or Production
- Sources and issues purchase orders for outsourced components and production steps
- Communicates relevant specifications and instructions to vendor
- Maintains accurate records on all work orders and updates items, tools, and estimates in the ERP system as needed
- Continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience and improve internal processes and systems
- Serves as a backup for the Sales Estimator
- Accompanies Sales Reps on customer calls as requested
- Performs other duties as required
- Serves as a backup to the front desk as needed
- Keeps work environment neat and organized at all times
- Attends ongoing in-house quality and safety education classes
- Respects and conforms to all accepted safe work practices, standards and regulations
- Observes and conforms to all company rules and regulations as outlined in the “Employee Handbook”
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the printing or packaging industry and working knowledge of printing and converting processes, materials and products
- Computer literate with experience using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Able to facilitate communication between customers, sales representatives and production personnel while work is in process
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Must exhibit empathy for customers, their problems and needs.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Must be able to multi-task and modify plans as requirements change
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work well under pressure with multiple interruptions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.