This role is responsible for Mid-Range capacity and inventory planning across an assigned group of Bemis North America plants. Collaboration with other Supply Planner Specialist to develop recommendations and action plans to solve supply constraints is expected. Manages all assigned inventory programs through analysis of inventory, production, and forecasted demand. Works closely with assigned plant resources to maintain capacity plans and ensure smooth Operations with minimal disruption.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Collaborates with Plants, Customer Service, Demand Planning, and Operations Planning to develop rolling 0-12 week (i.e. 90 days) production plans to meet customer demand while accounting for major downtime events, new assets, Holiday plant closures and changes in crewing levels or production rates.
- Administer replenishment programs to set production plan for assigned time horizon
- Accountable for delivering the inventory plan for assigned operations facilities
- Manage inventories for finished goods, semi-finished goods, and raw material
- Identify and prioritize consumption of aged inventory
- Provides data analysis, information and recommended solutions to key stakeholders regarding capacity constraints, emerging constraints, and underutilization
- Drives business results by utilizing capacity information to minimize inventories and meet customer service requirements.
- Works closely with historical production and forecast data to balance capacities
- Partners with assigned plants to communicate expected capacity loading so that proper staffing can be maintained.
- Works closely with other Supply Planner Specialist to properly sequence operations where crossovers between assigned areas occur
- Resolves plant to plant issues to maintain targeted capacity loadings
- Set and periodically review target inventory levels
- Leads business process and best practice improvement suggestions to drive continuous improvement within Supply Chain
- Provides backup for team members
WHAT WE VALUE
- Results Orientation - High
- Strategic Orientation - Low
- Collaboration & Influencing - High
- Developing Organizational Capability - Low
- Continuous Improvement Mindset - Moderate
- Customer Focus - Moderate
- Business Acumen - Moderate
- Decision Making & Analysis - High
- Compelling Communication - Moderate
- Planning & Organizing – Moderate
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain or a related field & 2-4 years of relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience totaling 5 -7+ years
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated Business Process Improvement knowledge or Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- APICS or similar certification preferred.
- 2-3 years experience with ERP system, preferably SAP
- Experience with integrated business planning software preferred
Bemis is committed to its core values: Ethics, Accountability, Innovation, and Respect. By becoming an employee at Bemis Company, Inc., you will work in a high performing environment where team members collaborate to get the job done, challenge the status quo to find a better way, and embrace unconventional ways of thinking. We are eager to see how you can make an impact in our high performance culture.
Bemis Company, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.