This role provides daily accounting support services to the division and/or plant through: (i) the running of financial and operational reports, (ii) research and query of data, and (iii) assisting in month/quarter/year-end financial closing processes. Entry Level: Performs routine assignments and solves routine/standard problems with limited discretion.
Role will specifically work with accounting related activities supporting the Global Business Services area within Bemis Company.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Act as a safety leader and put safety first in all responsibilities, promoting an environment where each employee makes safety their first priority
- Compile plant and/or corporate reporting activities relating to fixed asset, inventory, sales, customer rebates, standard cost, and government reporting.
- Assist in various aspects of the monthly/quarterly/yearly close process (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, expense analysis, and trend analysis)
- Assist in annual budgeting process
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting and other business data
- Assist in ensuring adequate controls and procedures
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining internal accounting controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Assist internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Active participant on WCOM Teams
- Demonstrate and foster Bemis Core Values
- Demonstrate accuracy and timeliness
- Comply with internal controls, accounting policies, and SOX
- Business Acumen
WHAT WE VALUE
- Results Orientation - Being focused on the improvement of business results (high)
- Collaboration & Influencing - working well with others and working as a team to have a positive impact on business performance (moderate)
- Market Knowledge – understanding the market in which a business operates, how the market affects their business and the business context (moderate)
- Functional Competence (high)
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Experience - 1-3 years of experience in business/accounting
Bemis is committed to its core values: Ethics, Accountability, Innovation, and Respect. By becoming an employee at Bemis Company, Inc., you will work in a high performing environment where team members collaborate to get the job done, challenge the status quo to find a better way, and embrace unconventional ways of thinking. We are eager to see how you can make an impact in our high performance culture.
Bemis Company, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.