Our client, a global luxury brand in New York City, is seeking a Finance Analyst. This role will provide financial insight and analyses to support management decision making in the Americas.
- Americas Profit Planning and Analysis
- Work with Americas Leadership, Global Financial Planning and other divisions to develop the annual profit plan, monthly and quarterly business reviews, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of the operating performance for the Americas and highlight any issues or opportunities
- Sales Professional Planning
- Work with Store Management in the various markets to develop the individual sales professional plans at the beginning of each fiscal quarter.
- Americas Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare the Americas monthly and quarterly reporting package which includes the P&L, product category and margin analysis, expense variances and the forecast.
- Analyze sales trends and provide sales projections.
- Work with regional marketing team to consolidate, forecast and plan expenses
- Analyze year end store performance and sales professional performance for store achievement and sales achievement recognition.
- Provide financial data and presentation assistance for Executive committee and Americas leadership meetings.
- Prepare scheduled and ad hoc reporting and other financial analyses to support sales, staffing, operating and development initiatives.
- College degree – Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of business experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of and experience with multi-dimensional database or other computer based planning system
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with management
- Strong diplomacy skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for achievement
- Ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team oriented environment
- Retail or consumer goods background
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Hyperion and similar systems