Are you a skilled electro-mechanical troubleshooter looking for a new challenge?
Are you the entrepreneurial type who likes to travel and manage your customers?
Then Signode has an exciting opportunity for you! Check out our new opening.
Title: Senior Field Service Technician - Middletown
Signode, a leading producer of strapping and packaging systems is seeking a skilled Senior Field Service Technician to install, repair and provide service to packaging machinery in plants. The primary customer base will be in Middletown / Newburgh New York region but can travel to other parts of the country if needed to help cover service demands.
Your duties will include managing your own field service schedule along with assisting other technicians with equipment installs and issues. This opportunity is with the Signode Service Business, part of the Signode family of businesses with over 100 years of history in the packaging industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve customer complaints and cooperate with in plant personnel.
- Examine equipment and determine needed services, or repairs.
- Provide customer training on proper use of equipment.
- Accurately evaluate problems both mechanical and electrical and implement the needed repairs.
- Manage schedules and assignments for work activities, based on customer needs, work priority and available resources.
- Examine equipment, analyze inspection reports and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery.
- Connect to and change PLC code provided by engineering for Allen Bradley Control Logics, SLCs and Siemens.
- Dismantle defective machines for repair at the customer location.
- Work closely with Signode Engineering to report specific machine issues and add any changes that Engineering requests.
- Implement testing using test meters and hand tools to diagnose failures of industrial equipment components.
- Requisition and manage materials and supplies, such as tools, replacement parts and maintain and control inventory.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements for functionality and safety.
- Identify and present opportunities for additional support of company products and services to the customer.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
- Commute in company vehicle and at times long distances.
- Strong working knowledge in the mechanical and electrical field.
- Willing and able to travel, overnight travel, approx. 25%
- Knowledge of PLC programming, hydraulic and pneumatic technology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively use and read measuring instruments; multi-meter, amp meter, micrometers and calipers
- Ability to establish effective rapport with employees and customers
- Ability to take initiative and organize your own work independently
- The drive to build the territory for profitability
- Competent customer service skills with the ability to analyze the root cause and find permanent solutions to issues
- Ability to engage in extensive customer interaction
- Solid computer skills: MS Office Applications, and Windows-based programs
Experience and Education:
- 3 years of field or industrial maintenance work experience
- High school diploma or GED is required, an Associate's Degree is a plus
- Valid driver's license
- Own general hand tools
- Mechanical background
- Machinist background a plus but not required
- PLC and Electrical experience preferred
Why should you join our team?
- Work skills development! Opportunity to service, maintain, and sell the top packaging equipment in the industry.
- Flexibility! Manage your own schedule, customer base, and parts inventory.
- Tools and Technology! You'll be provided the following to ensure a quality work and service:
- Continuous "On the Job" training and mentorship
- Company car, mileage, and car insurance
- Corporate expense account
- Company laptop and cell phone
- All required Personal Safety Equipment
- All supporting inventory for equipment maintenance
What we offer:
Competitive wages, benefits packages including health, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, and much more,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.