The Inventory Planner is responsible for managing the stocking position and re-ordering points for key finished goods and assembly components across the organization. Working with Operations, Sales and Purchasing the Inventory Planner will analyze current and future needs to ensure stock levels are maintained that can support a fast paced, high growth business. The Inventory Planner will utilize our ERP system as well as strong analytical skills to define, set and maintain optimal inventory levels while maintaining minimal stock outages for shorter lead times. This position will also communicate with key suppliers regarding lead times, shipping schedules and other issues that may impact delivery. The company deals with suppliers in North America, Europe and Asia with varying levels of complexity and lead times.
The following are the primary responsibilities for the Inventory Planner:
- Regularly run and analyze ERP re-order tools and back order reports to use in conjunction with business unit sales forecast information to complete purchase orders as appropriate to meet sales demand and to maintain optimum inventory levels with minimal inventory stock outages for all business units and locations
- Work directly with Business Unit leaders reviewing sales forecasts, product introductions and critical needs to ensure inventory is available to meet customer demand
- Manage International container orders for inventory
- Calculate orders based on supplier, inventory demand, business unit forecasts, established stocking levels, weights, pallet qty, container sizes and constraints
- Generate purchase requisitions in Greentree and work with appropriate buyer to execute
- Communicate with suppliers as needed for requests related to purchase orders
- Maintain all aspects of Inventory Items in the ERP system including: descriptions, categories, reorder points, min/max and lead time
- Identify and manage potential inventory obsolescence to minimize write offs
- Act as a resource to sales, service, and customer service for inventory availability
- Other projects and duties as requested by the management team
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- APICS, CPM or CPSM certifications a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years in inventory planning and/or supply chain logistics required or recent graduate
- with supply chain/logistics degree
- Experience with International suppliers is highly preferred
- History or knowledge of using forecasting and MRP demand planning modules in an Integrated ERP
- system and basic accounting knowledge
Skills and Ability:
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and traits:
- Detail oriented
- Analytical with strong excel, math, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- High level of initiative and drive to achieve personal and departmental goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Self-directed, collaborative, customer-focused, and team oriented
The Company will work with employees, and the recommendation(s) of the treating health care provider, to accommodate individuals with disabilities in the performance of the essential requirements of the job.
This position will have regular contact with all aspects of the company from senior management, office, production, warehouse, sales as well as suppliers.
Environmental and Physical Demands:
The Inventory/Planner position requires indoor/production area work with limited exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature changes. The physical demands of this job requires the employee to sit for long periods of time and perform other desk and office related activities.
Travel is not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This Job Description is subject to change at any time. SBS has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job as business needs require.
Storage Battery Systems, LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, FSA accounts and 401(k). Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered. Please reply with resume.
Storage Battery Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation or preference, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, disability, veteran or marital status, arrest or conviction record, use/non use of lawful products off work premises during non work time, or any other status protected by state, federal, or local law.