The Buyer will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Purchasing Department or other relevant experience. The Buyer will have strong administrative, and Microsoft office skills. Advanced knowledge of MRP, accounting and inventory management is preferred.
The Buyer will be responsible for entering purchase orders for materials, supplies, and equipment based on direct requests and demand generating out of the Company’s ERP system. The Buyer will be responsible for following up on purchase orders with suppliers to confirm pricing, shipment, and timely delivery.
Additionally, the Buyer will work with suppliers to obtain competitive quotes for inventory, service repair parts, and general supplies, equipment, and services as necessary. The Buyer will work with the Order Management leader to complete various projects and duties related to purchasing, supplier quality, and inventory management.
The following are the primary responsibilities for the Buyer.
- Obtain supplier quotes per requests from sales and service personnel for specific items and service
- Conduct timely follow up activities on pending quotes
- Communicate specifications, costs, and lead times to requestors
- Enter purchase orders into the ERP System
- Send purchase orders to appropriate suppliers
- Follow up and maintain records of order confirmations
- Ensure best cost ship methods and timely deliveries
- Communicate with suppliers as needed for requests related to purchase orders
- Work with accounts payable to reconcile payable invoices with purchase order receipts
- Process drop shipment orders that are linked to sales orders in ERP system
- Maintain supplier quality record keeping for on time deliveries, discrepancies, and non-conformance
- Manage supplier returns
- Enter new part numbers, kit sets, and bill of materials in the ERP System
- Update costs in ERP for inventory items, notify management of increases
- Receive service purchase orders for subcontractor invoices in the ERP system
- Act as a resource to sales, service, and customer service for ERP inventory availability and various parts and supplier requests
- Assist Order Management Leader with projects and duties related to purchasing and inventory
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with purchasing, supply management and accounting preferred
Skills and Ability:
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and traits:
- Detail oriented, highly organized and efficient
- High level of initiative and drive to achieve personal and departmental goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Self-directed, collaborative and team oriented
- Capacity to quickly learn new concepts and processes
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to take on evolving responsibilities with enthusiasm
- Strive to continuously improve business processes and functions
- Understanding of manufacturing flow and processes preferred
- Be customer-focused where meeting internal and external customer needs is a high priority
The Company will work with employees, and the recommendation(s) of the treating health care provider, to accommodate individuals with disabilities in the performance of the essential requirements of the job.
This position will have regular contact with all aspects of the company from senior management, office, production, warehouse, sales as well as suppliers.
Environmental and Physical Demands:
The Buyer position requires indoor/production area work with limited exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature changes. The physical demands of this job requires the employee to sit for long periods of time and perform other desk and office related activities.
This position may have very occasional travel to various company locations or suppliers. Less than 20%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This Job Description is subject to change at any time. SBS has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job as business needs require.
Storage Battery Systems, LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, FSA accounts and 401(k). Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered. Please reply with resume.
Storage Battery Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation or preference, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, disability, veteran or marital status, arrest or conviction record, use/non use of lawful products off work premises during non work time, or any other status protected by state, federal, or local law.