The NPS, Aftermarket Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership oversight for Afterdaily service department performance. Their direct responsibilities include managing people, process and resources needed to support the customer. They execute planned objectives of the Company’s overall business plans and strategic objectives.
The position based in Lawrenceville, GA, reports to the Director, Aftermarket Operations, provides oversight throughout the company’s entire self-performed service footprint and regularly interacts with customers both internal and external.
Responsibilities require a specific focus on proven process and procedure in order to:
- Lead, Manage and hold Accountable
- Service technicians and support staff
- Build and promote team growth, coaches and develops
- Hold accountable to process and procedure
- Ensure performance goals are set and achieved
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback
- Maximize operating efficiencies and productivity
- Oversee and direct after hours emergency service schedules/support
- Develops, oversees and disseminates technician efficiency reports
- Assess subordinate capabilities and assist in development of training programs as appropriate
- Assists the Director Aftermarket Operations in developing and auditing corporate policies, plans strategies and goals to guide the operations, financial performance, and personnel activities to achieve desired objectives for profit and return on investment
- Daily Operations
- Responsible for overall scheduling efficiency, proper dispatch and logistics
- Exceptional customer focus, service and satisfaction
- Oversight on Kohler warranty repairs, submissions and reimbursement
- Accountable for customer management from dispatch to payment
- Analyzes office operations, procedures and practices as to work flow, schedules and other related activities
- Contributes to creation & execution/achievement of annual business plan in alignment w/company goals & objectives
- Assists in the development and implementation of formal Processes while enforcing all company policies and procedures
- Customer Service
- Develops and monitors work flows, reviews work processes and ensures high quality service delivery, and leads continuous improvement initiatives to achieve world class customer service while maximizing profitability
- Maintains complete inventory control and ensures accuracy for both internal and external customer delivery
- Oversees promotion of the branch safety program
- Ensures Operations compliance w/all Company, factory, local, state and federal laws/guidelines, including OSHA, DOT and other applicable regulations and associations
- Oversees service center vehicle fleet
- Performs all other related duties as required
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience); with previous six sigma and lean operations experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to lead and mentor people
- Must be well organized
- Must be able to work independently, under pressure
- Ability to manage complex spreadsheets
- Effective, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Capacity for quick learning and ability to teach others complex data, process and control tasks
- Ability to project and position complexities, including experience in managing direct reports and associated staff members
- Experience with MS Office applications required
- Experience with CRM, Crystal Reports and Great Plains Dynamics applications is preferred
- Clean driving record required
Founded in 1914, Nixon Power Systems is the Southeast’s largest full-service organization dedicated exclusively to the sale, rental, distribution, service, and technical support of stand-by and prime power generation equipment, parts, and accessories. The Company is headquartered in Brentwood, TN (suburb of Nashville) with six operating center locations throughout the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Privately held Nixon is consistently profitable and focused on continued growth.
Nixon is the largest industrial Kohler Power Systems distributor of Stand-by Power equipment in the country. The Company’s Kohler sales territory covers all or part of seven states in the Southeast and serves national and regional companies with a large number of retail, distribution, and commercial facilities. Nixon’s long-term dedication to superior service and solutions to customer’s comprehensive power needs is evidenced by their historic growth rate and repeated selection as Kohler’s “Distributor of the Year” award. The Company is also a large distributor of Innio/Jenbacher prime and renewable power equipment, encompassing 13 states throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern US.
With over 230 employees; Six (6) regional Sales and Service Centers throughout the Southeast United States; a 13-state commercial footprint; and a commitment to total quality, Nixon Power Services is an industry leader dedicated to being an unmatched employer.
Nixon Power Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer, Minority/Female/ Disability/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.