The Project Engineer leads technical discussions with general and electrical contractors, engineering firms, vendors, end users and internal Nixon groups in office & field settings to successfully achieve project milestones and ensure ultimate customer satisfaction. This position is key in increasing Nixon Team productivity through enhanced proficiency, performance and safety; thereby, delivering increased profitability, customer service and value through effective Team contribution. This position is based in Lawrenceville, GA and reports to the Sales Operations Manager.
- Be the technical liaison to ensure project integrity from a scope, installation and commissioning standpoint.
- Ensure accurate and timely communications between Nixon sales team, Nixon aftermarket team, contractor(s), and end user.
- Become involved in industrial sales projects when deemed likely to become an order.
- Answer, assess, and resolve submittal comments and issues regarding technical design.
- Track and manage the achievement of each milestone within a project schedule.
- Report to Nixon management on project status and issues as required.
- Meet with sales representative, sales management, contractor, and applications engineer to establish final BOM and customer delivery requirements.
- Attend Submittal review meetings; make document and drawing updates as required.
- Generate and compile submittal documents for completion by the submittal coordinator.
- Coordinate communications between all entities associated with milestone achievement to ensure completion.
Resolve Site Issues:
- Attend site meetings when required for complex projects, including: project kickoff, submittal review, site commissioning, etc.
- Lead site meetings, as required, ensuring timely completion along with accurate installations and startup.
Liaison to Field Services:
- Ensure Nixon field service is involved prior to shipment of equipment to customer.
- Schedule site services kickoff meeting with field service prior to startup date.
- Intervene at all points in the process as needed to ensure achievement of all project milestones, and project comes in on time and under budget.
Education / Skills Required:
- 2 or more years of technical experience with large power distribution systems, three phase UPS systems, switchgear, generators or batteries.
- Developed computer skills are required. Experience with MS Office applications, Crystal Reports, SSRS, and Great Plains Dynamics is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize projects based on solution impact, including: time to implement and/or direction from leadership.
- Successful candidate must have effective and professional interpersonal skills as well as communication skills, both written and verbal, in addition to the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- The ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve a common goal and gain buy-in from all, is required.
- Possess the ability to understand the complexities of situations, projects, and positions as well as a 360° balance of all processes and procedures.
- Experience in the on-site power generation industry is preferred.
- Ability to travel 40-60% scheduled trips as well as unplanned travel, as needed
Founded in 1914, Nixon Power Systems is the Southeast’s largest full-service organization dedicated exclusively to the sale, rental, distribution, service, and technical support of stand-by and prime power generation equipment, parts, and accessories. The Company is headquartered in Brentwood, TN (suburb of Nashville) with seven operating center locations throughout the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Privately held Nixon is consistently profitable and focused on continued growth.
Nixon is the largest industrial Kohler Power Systems distributor of Stand-by Power equipment in the country. The Company’s Kohler sales territory covers all or part of seven states in the Southeast and serves national and regional companies with a large number of retail, distribution, and commercial facilities. Nixon’s long-term dedication to superior service and solutions to customer’s comprehensive power needs is evidenced by their historic growth rate and repeated selection as Kohler’s “Distributor of the Year” award. The Company is also a large distributor of INNIO-Jenbacher prime and renewable power equipment, encompassing 13 states throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern US.
With over 250 employees; seven regional Sales and Service Centers throughout the Southeast United States; a 13-state commercial footprint; and a commitment to total quality, Nixon Power Services is an industry leader dedicated to being an unmatched employer. Nixon Power Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer, Minority/Female/ Disability/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. To learn more about Nixon Power, visit us at www.nixonpower.com.