Flexera is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
Our Software Engineers work in teams across our technology stack, developing new features, and are involved in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, architecture and design, UX and wireframes, to coding and testing.
What you'll do:
- Actively participate in an agile software development life-cycle, decomposing requirements, documenting and discussing the design, estimation and implementation
- Design, implement and run microservices written in Go, as well as cloud-based software applications written in Ruby and AngularJS
- Develop rapid prototypes and participate in pair programming
- Generate architecture recommendations
- Interact with customers; understand use cases and propose solutions
- Constantly improve product quality, security, and performance
- Use and learn about the latest deployment and monitoring tools: Kubernetes, Prometheus, AWS X-Ray and more
- Contribute to the knowledge base, wiki and other Flexera resources to help build the best customer experience
You'll be expected to have:
- Extensive experience in developing backend services and can show us your personal/work projects
- Extensive experience with an object-oriented language (Go, Ruby, Python, PHP, Java)
- Experience developing on Linux environments
- Ability to reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level
- Superb communication skills to work within and across teams
Some perks of working at Flexera:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in Itasca
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The Flexera spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. (Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.)
Sound good? Join us and collaborate with very talented and passionate colleagues to push the boundaries of cloud computing. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.