Signode is a global manufacturer of steel and plastic strapping, stretch film and the application equipment and accessory products for each. Our products are used throughout the world in a broad range of industries to secure everything from cotton bales and newspapers to steel coils and corrugated cartons. Our Glenview, IL based Equipment & Tools business is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager who can overhaul and modernize our supply chain systems, procedures and strategy.
Our Glenview, IL based Equipment & Tools business is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager who can overhaul and modernize our supply chain systems, procedures and strategy. The successful candidate will have excellent leadership skills and the ability to put together a talented, efficient team. He or she will be responsible for the supply chain functions of both the OEM Production and Aftermarket Service/Parts portions of a $170M, dual-ERP business
- This position is responsible the timely flow of materials into and out of the manufacturing
- This position will oversee the Supply Chain, Inventory Management, and Shipping/Receiving teams.
- The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for On-Time Delivery, Inventory Management & Turns, Supplier Development, and Supply Chain Compliance.
- The Supply Chain Manager will endeavor to reduce perpetual inventory, reduce costs, and improve lead-times through ERP system leadership and replenishment process evolution. The Supply Chain Manager plays a key role in the ongoing Sales & Operations Planning process and reports directly to the Director, Operations.
- Add to, top-grade, and lead a team of highly-skilled and experienced Commodity Managers, Buyers, and Supply Chain professionals.
- Lead Supply Chain Compliance efforts related to REACh, RoHS, WEEE, Dodd-Frank, Sarbanes-Oxley, IPPC, and other global initiatives.
- Initiate Preferred Supplier Criteria, Supplier Scorecarding, and Supplier Development initiatives to consolidate and simplify a diverse and global supply base.
- Interface as the Materials leader with functional group leads across the organization: Operations, Finance, Sales, Legal, etc.
- Develop and upgrade the skill sets of existing and incoming Supply Chain and Inventory Management personnel.
- Interact with corporate-level strategic supplier identification/development/negotiation personnel to simplify and regionalize supply chains.
- Review customer orders and surveys to create purchase requests for special application equipment, hand tool, and machine component (heads) requirements - including all special orders, options, colors and programing specifications.
- Attend weekly production meetings to provide detailed information and to manage change orders and changes in building requirements, coordinate and manage all changes through the supply channels.
- Reviews inventory, open purchase orders, lead times, safety stock and demand requirements to ensure inventory optimization and timely delivery of products.
- Investigate and analyze inventory discrepancies using the SYSPRO and Navision computer systems
- Assist in the management of the appropriate levels of inventory for 2-Bin, consignment and expense items to ensure on-time delivery of all products.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels to achieve a goal of under 2.0 M.O.H. while meeting customer delivery requirements
- Work with Engineering Services on BOM clean-up and manage future BOM requirements to ensure appropriate cost allocations
- Work closely with the Special Application Machine production lead and quality team to address quality issues with vendors, create debit memo’s in the system and follow up on corrective action procedures to ensure availability of parts to meet build demands
- Assist in the reduction of direct material cost and improve product margins according to annual objectives and goals without impacting quality or delivery.
- Assist in back flushing of finished goods and assembled components to ensure accurate accountability of inventory.
- Follow operational procedures to minimize errors in payables and resolve issues immediately.
- Assist in process improvements, trouble shooting, data analysis, system modifications, updates, and monthly metrics reporting
- Assist in the annual physical inventory
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions