Career Duties and Responsibilities:
Respond to inquiries from Regional Service Managers, Field service reps, Sales and Customers. Obtain necessary information relating to service issues, investigate billing problems, collect and research documentation, review and adjust discrepancies and resolve issue or contact Regional Service Manager.
- Follow up with customer to review action to be taken and ensure problems are resolved.
- Print or save to the cloud all billings that pertain to customers, installations, warranties, intercompany, sales, 649, SMA, GPX, conversions, training, head exchange, after hours-on call time, region absorbed, internal labor and 411s billings.
- Validate data and close service work orders to produce invoices.
- Create transfer and MAP orders for service techs, whether they are by phone or email.
- Expedite and monitor van stock orders, checking shipping status and following up with purchasing department to determine part availability from vendor to ensure field service needs are met to satisfy customer scheduled service call.
- Initiate credit memos and process credits as required and re-bill customer accordingly.
- Quote prices for high dollar re-builds, order parts, coordinate shipping & process invoices in a timely manner.
- Compile and distribute all necessary paperwork for new hire setups and terminations/resignations.
- Compile and distribute all necessary information to field service and new hires and train employees as assigned.
- Work as liaison with Fleet Administrator coordinate information to field service.
- Cell phone administration for field service and entire business unit.
- Administration of address labels, business cards, security badges, safety glasses, tools, cables, arc flash kits and supplies.
- Administrate service award program.
- Function portals for customer service invoices.
- Handle Ginfast van stock shipments for service reps during cotton season.
- Order kitchen supplies for business unit.
- Coordinate after hour on-call & cotton program and update all changes through the answering service for after hour emergencies.
- Maintain field service employee addresses and phone numbers on field V drive, NAV system, UPS manifest, update distribution list throughout Signode organization to ensure shipping accuracy and coordinate field service changes with Human Resources.
- Close field RMAs, enter required data into computer system and follow-up if necessary, with Regional Service Manager on non-stockable inventory
- Research & investigate open / hold orders given by other reps in a timely basis.
- Perform extra duties: monitoring workflow for cross-over assistance, retrieving emails, coordinating days off and back-up coverage.
- Process machine manufacturing orders and coordinate with field service installation of machine. Maintain additions/deletions/changes of equipment file to ensure accuracy.
- Create weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports & charts for productivity, warranty, machine manufacturing & projection reports for further analysis and processes.
- Submit requests for certificates of insurance or supply customer with copy of policy from field V drive.
- Supply weekly a report and invoices for installations to EPS accounting.
- Prepare accounting reports to transfer amounts between internal accounts.
- Run weekly report for managers on pending and finished orders.
- Closing of pick tickets that come in from warehouse on a daily basis.
- Send any type of mailings that need to be sent to all Service Managers and all servicemen.
- Full control of the GPX Repair Program.
- Handle phone calls.
- Make sure forms are filled out completely and correctly.
- Inform repair tech module is being sent in by emailing copy of form.
- Create quotes for repairs and order parts for depot repair.
- Obtain purchase orders and inform tech repair can be completed after purchase order is received.
- Create service order from quotes and packing slip for return shipment.
- Create invoice with freight charges and tracking number.
- Log information onto spreadsheet in Excel.
- Selling refurbished modules until stock in depleted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 2+ years of office or customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt to change and change priorities throughout the course of the day
- Communication skills; verbal and written
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Work independently
What We Offer:
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Signode provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees’ development, wellness, and financial security.
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee Discounts
More about Signode:
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world’s premier end-of-line packaging company.