The Product Quality Analyst is the control tower for all product warranty claims and is responsible for all warranty related analysis and disposition activities. The Quality Analyst will be the focal point for all Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) submitted by our global affiliates and end customers. In addition, the Quality Analyst will support quality-related functions such as inspecting parts and components produced by third party suppliers for our Glenview tools and equipment manufacturing operations. This role will also be responsible for creating monthly performance reports for on-time delivery, defect/warranty, and supplier non-conformance. Depending on the capabilities of the Analyst, additional duties may be assigned.
Essential functions of role:
- Conduct investigations on equipment and parts that were returned due to a warranty claim, analyze root cause of failure, and work cross-functionally to develop countermeasures.
- Assess reported issues and work with stakeholders to initiate non-conformance reports (NCRs) per established procedures.
- Communicate effectively with management, operators, and Engineers about quality-related concerns.
- Utilize inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, scales, fixtures, gages, handheld CMM, and microscopes to measure or inspect parts for compliance with specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Provide input on inspection methods related to continuous improvement initiatives related to the job.
- Assist quality, engineering and production personnel with investigations of part defects or any quality related issues.
- Communicate non-conformances to Suppliers.
- Generate reports on quality, warranty and production metrics and others as assigned.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience managing warranty claims.
- 2+ years of experience inspecting high precision mechanical components.
- 2+years of experience using inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, micro-vu scope, CMM, scales, fixtures, gages to measure or inspect parts for compliance.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering blueprints and specifications
- Broad knowledge of utilizing six sigma problem-solving (DMAIC process).
- Strong customer service background and experience.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English mandatory
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis and Counter Measures development
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience with automotive PPAP processes a plus.
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with CAD systems a plus (Solidworks preferred)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.