Operates production equipment and makes necessary adjustments to produce a quality product in a safe and efficient manner.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform quality control testing.
- Operate extruders and annealers in order to produce PET that will be slit into finished coils.
- Set up and run PET lines producing numerous different products based on scheduled orders.
- Responsible for ensuring material specifications are met.
- Keeping material systems full and functional.
- Calibrating mixing bins correctly for daily product.
- Performing simple preventative maintenance.
- Chopping regrind.
- Operator will become familiar with many different types of machinery (dies, screen changers, mills, bridles) as well as crane operation.
- Make necessary adjustments on equipment.
- Use forklift to load raw materials.
- Use hand tools to make changeovers.
- Other roles/duties may be assigned as necessary to assist the Company in the attainment of its goals and objectives.
- High School diploma
- Forklift certification.
Experience / Abilities:
- Operate a forklift.
- Adjust manufacturing equipment.
- Utilize hand tools.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to operate the following vehicles or equipment: forklift, hand tools, crane, and electrical hand tools.
- Solid computer skills, Microsoft office applications.