Signode Industrial Group has an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance/ Repair Technician to work in our Reddi-Pac facility in Elkhart, IN. The successful candidate must have a "safety-first" mindset, be a self-motivated partner supporting production operations, be committed to producing quality products and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. Primary responsibilities include machine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and improvement of complex plastics processing and ancillary equipment.
The candidate will be required to perform root cause analysis, expediently develop and implement solutions and strive to increase equipment reliability, efficiency and effectiveness. Our ideal candidate ensures that the facility and equipment are maintained at the highest level and runs efficiently; will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities; provides guidance to peers to ensure optimum production, quality and safety while minimizing cost, energy usage and waste in accordance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations.
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Start up and shuts down equipment in accordance with operation's requirements, company safety procedures and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical, mechanical & pneumatic theory and principles, statutory codes and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Plan work procedures and determines replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service and replace electronic devices and systems.
- Dismantle, inspect and replace electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts
- Lays-out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment, wiring, and to include panels, breakers, and conduit.
- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment, and motors using appropriate tools and testing instruments
- Troubleshoot and repairs electric controls, motor control centers, and programmable logic controls.
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems whether electrical or mechanical.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests.
- Calibrate testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as recommended by the manufacture and or the facility’s historical data.
- Welding and fabrication abilities or must be willing to learn
- Minimum H.S. diploma or GED and electrical apprenticeship and/or vocational school/technology certificate in electricity.
- Five (5) years of electrical technical hands-on experience including minimum three years wiring automation machine control panels and PLCs.
- Familiarity and experience performing standard wiring per National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code.
- Ability to troubleshoot control circuits, motors, motor control circuits, and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Ability to install and maintain electrical systems and controls.
- Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics and apply NEC requirements.
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks.
- Mechanical skills such as welding rigging, gear changing, etc. are a plus.
- Ability to work some weekends, overtime and share an on-call schedule.
- Ability to train others on electrical safety and other safety topics.
Tools & Equipment:
- Mechanical / Electrical hand tools, digital multi-meter, power tools, Forklift, etc.
- Regularly required to lift and carry items up to 25 lbs. May occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Regularly required to crawl under machines and sit, stand, kneel, lay on concrete floor while working. Occasionally required to communicate by telephone and in person. Frequently required to stand for long periods of time on various types of flooring; regularly required to test equipment, walk and sit. May be exposed to occasional loud noise.
- Continuously or frequently required to perform basic calculations (lengths, voltage, amps, etc.), communicate verbally and in writing, detect, diagnose, inspect, interpret, measure, observe, prioritize, read, speak, summarize and use good judgment.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, a generous 401(k) matching contribution.
Signode Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.