Multiwall, a division of Signode Industrial Group, is the leader in industrial edge protection/packaging products and services, has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor at its Danville, VA facility. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor leads the production team at the facility. This is a hands-on role that has a significant level of responsibility for all plant operations. Will lead the 2nd shift production staff.
- Directly supervise production employees by assigning tasks, monitoring work progress, mentoring new team members and delivering performance feedback and coaching
- Operate equipment and move material as needed to maintain production and meet schedules
- Lead employees by personal example in safety, productivity, efficiency, process improvement and quality
- Ensure that work is satisfactorily completed to achieve product quality standards and meet customer requirements and expectations
- Interpret, apply and/or enforce all company policies, programs, rules, regulations and safety rules in support of achieving plant goals for safety, quality and productivity
- Associates or technical degree; Bachelor’s preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in manufacturing, preferably in the paper industry
- A minimum of three years of hands-on supervisory experience, with direct responsibility for managing production employees
- Knowledge of manufacturing production, safety and quality processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Fork lift and material handling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, including proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, a generous 401(k) matching contribution, tuition assistance.