Signode, a leading producer of strapping and packaging systems, is seeking a skilled Senior Field Service Technician – Cincinnati, Ohio to install, repair and provide service to packaging machinery in Corrugated plants, Beverage Plants, Lumber yards and general industry.
The primary customer base will be in Cincinnati Ohio area but will include travel and possible travel to or other parts of the country if needed to help cover service demands. Your duties will include managing your own field service schedule along with assisting other technicians with equipment installs and issues.
This opportunity is with the Signode Service Business, part of the Signode family of businesses with over 100 years of history in the packaging industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve customer complaints and cooperate with in plant personnel.
- Examine equipment and determine needed services, or repairs.
- Provide customer training on proper use of equipment.
- Accurately evaluate problems both mechanical and electrical and implement the needed repairs.
- Manage schedules and assignments for work activities, based on customer needs, work priority and available resources.
- Examine equipment, analyze inspection reports and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery as needed.
- Connect to and change PLC code provided by engineering for Allen Bradley Control Logics, SLCs and Siemens.
- Dismantle defective machines for repair at the customer location, using hand tools.
- Work closely with Signode Engineering to report specific machine issues and add any changes that Engineering requests.
- Implement testing using test meters and hand tools to diagnose failures of industrial equipment components.
- Requisition and manage materials and supplies, such as tools, replacement parts and maintain and control inventory.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements for functionality and safety.
- Identify and present opportunities for additional support of company products and services to the customer.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
- Commute in company vehicle and at times long distances.
Work skills and abilities:
- Willing and able to travel, overnight travel is required (approx. 25%)
- Strong working knowledge in the mechanical and electrical field
- Knowledge of PLC programming, hydraulic and pneumatic technology
- Ability to effectively use and read measuring instruments, such as multi-meter, amp meter, micrometers and calipers
- Ability to establish effective rapport with all levels of employees and customers
- Ability to take initiative and organize your own work independently
- Drive to build your territory for profitability
- Competent customer service skills, with the ability to analyze the root cause and find permanent solutions to issues
- Ability to engage in extensive customer interaction
- Solid computer skills, MS Office Applications and Windows programs
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Experience and Education requirements:
- 3 years of field or industrial maintenance experience
- High school diploma is required
- Valid driver's license
- Own general hand tools
- Mechanical background
Experience and Education preferences:
- Machinist background
- PLC and Electrical experience is preferred
- Associates Degree
Why should you join our Signode team?
- Works skills development! Opportunity to service, maintain, and sell the top packaging equipment in the industry.
- Flexibility! Manage your own schedule, customer base and parts inventory.
- Support! The following resources will be provided to you to ensure you have everything you need to provide quality work and service.
- Continuous “On the Job” training and mentorship
- Company car, mileage, and car insurance
- Corporate expense account
- Company laptop and cell phone
- All required Personal Safety Equipment
- All supporting inventory for equipment maintenance
What we offer:
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Signode provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees’ development, wellness, and financial security.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee Discounts
More about Signode:
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world’s premier end-of-line packaging company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.