Job Summary: The Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift oversees all aspects of day to day production and manufacturing personnel activities, leads team meetings, and facilitates continuous improvements in the process with emphasis on quality, reduction of cost and waste. She/He is responsible for ensuring the production of a quality product and meeting production/customer specifications while achieving plant productivity objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directly supervise production employees by assigning tasks, monitoring work progress, mentoring new team members and delivering performance feedback and coaching.
- Ability to identify and correct unsafe situations and/or behaviors and model safety in all you do.
- A team player possessing excellent communication skills and having the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Is expected to manage and maintain the A3 and Tier processes established.
- Is expected to understand all downtime events, their causes, and develop corrective actions to maintain safety and productivity.
- Is expected to communicate all safety, quality and productivity issues at daily Tier 2 meetings.
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Analyze problems (not just symptoms), make logical decisions and carry out the decisions made.
- Work as a team with other Supervisors to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Ensure that work is satisfactorily completed to achieve product quality standards and meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Operate equipment and move material as needed to maintain production and meet schedules.
- Thoroughly communicate all needed information with other departments.
- Work with Plant Management, maintenance, Quality, and Engineering to solve production challenges.
- Enforce company policies and rules.
- Ensure safe working conditions and rectify any issues.
- Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline, and measuring of employees' performance as necessary to complete evaluations including temporary staffing.
- Supervise overall plant operations by planning, prioritizing, organizing, and delegating work effectively.
- Lead employees by personal example in safety, productivity, efficiency, process improvement and quality.
- Troubleshoot production lines and coach Line Operators.
- Ensure the general operating procedures and guidelines are followed in production by all shift personnel.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position and as needed assist on other shifts.
- Ensure the organization is in place and that all individuals within the organization have their roles clearly understood. Work with Group Leaders to achieve the targets of each key operational indicator.
- Participate as required in Continuous Improvement teams and provide leadership and support to teams in their efforts to meet and exceed targeted capital costs.
- Employ the principles of Lean manufacturing for elimination of waste and optimization of labor efficiencies.
Education and Work Experience requirements:
- High School diploma or GED is required
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing industry
- 3 years of proven supervisory or leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of production, safety, and quality processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Forklift and material handling experience
- Strong decision-making skills and proven ability to prioritize
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Work Experience preferred:
- 2-year or 4-year college degree is a plus
- Lean SixSigma, Lean or Six Sigma certification is a plus
- ERP or SAP software experience is a plus
More about Signode:
Paid vacation, Floating Holidays and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings program w/company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee assistance program
- Opportunities for advancement
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit.
Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete