Job Description Summary
A great opportunity to join our exceptional team in delivering extraordinary service to our guests, at the Royal Sonesta Boston!
You’re a natural at developing and fostering lasting relationships and your passion for service excellence is contagious. Solid experience enables you to lead with confidence, in the absence of a Front Office Director, and when the pressure is on. Continuous improvement is your mantra and you love sharing what you know. Open, clear communication between guests, your team, and fellow departments translates into happy returning guests and smooth operations, no matter what the hour! If you’re ready to be a key contributor and accelerate your career, then the Assistant Front Office Manager position with Sonesta may be a great opportunity.
As Assistant Front Office Manager, you will:
- Oversee Front Office shift operations, enabling fluid communication and effective coordination between Sales, Reservations, Accounting, and all hotel departments to ensure smooth operations and optimal guest experience.
- Skillfully guide a talented Front Office Staff, including Front Desk Agents, Bell Staff, and Concierge. Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead by modeling the way, by training, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment life cycle.
- Exercise your experience and relationship building talent to ensure delighted, returning guests. Enable open, clear communications between guests, your team and fellow departments. Keep a pulse on guest and employee interactions, transforming potential issues into opportunities to teach and elevate guest experience. Respond with prompt graciousness to guest requests and inquiries.
- Keep the Front Office operating smoothly under your watch. Track supply levels and take necessary action to ensure systems and equipment are fully functioning, for optimal efficiency and associate safety.
Two to four year college or equivalent education or experience is required, with at least 2 years of front desk supervisory experience. Cash and credit handling experience is expected, along with regular computer, business software, property management system,. Knowledge of OPERA is a plus. To be successful in this position, excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required. This position requires flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekend, evening, and holiday scheduling.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events