The role of the Logistics Supervisor is to manage shift production in achieving safety, quality, service, waste, and productivity goals. This will be achieved through providing strong leadership to the team and managing the systems, equipment, people, and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. Logistics Supervisors must have ability to work on various shifts.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Provide leadership by supporting Bemis’ safety culture by maintaining a safe department free from injury and exceeding environmental and safety requirements/standards.
- Monitor employee practices to ensure they comply with regulatory and company safety and quality policies.
- Investigate and recommend improvements related to near miss, property damage, or employee injury incidents.
- Support the plant safety program by actively participating in improvement programs.
- Monitor products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Investigate Corrective Action Requests.
- Oversee daily production to ensure production schedules are met.
- Manage employee schedules and vacation requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Champion World Class Operations Management and/or other continuous improvement events and ensure gains made from initiatives are sustained.
- Understand production schedule and recommend areas for improvement.
- Evaluate equipment and material problems and interact with Maintenance, Process Engineering, and others to resolve them.
- Investigate and report when production standards are not met.
- Analyze production information using the production dashboard and SAP.
- Foster and support a High Performance Culture; help to build and promote a strong “Teamwork” environment in each individual work group.
- Supervise production employees and proactively act upon employee relations opportunities.
- Monitor employee interactions to ensure they comply with Bemis Core Values.
- Create an open two-way dialogue with all employees; initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Evaluate employee performance and conduct performance reviews while supporting employee growth and career development.
- Interpret and enforce company disciplinary process in a consistent and fair manner.
- Participate in selection process for production team members.
- Ensure employee training is current and concepts have been retained by the employee.
WHAT WE VALUE
- A strong commitment to safety and quality.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to gather and analyze data to identify and resolve problems using both an individual and collaborative approach.
- Ability to handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
- A leadership style that encourages team involvement, improved morale, and continuous improvement.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years’ experience in operations, production supervision, quality, maintenance or related experience preferred OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience totaling 5 or more years
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer proficiency required (MS Office Suite experience preferred), SAP experience a plus