Reporting to the Team Lead, the Senior Operating System Deployment Engineer in the M&T End User Computing (EUC) organization acts as primary contact and has ownership for the OS imaging service to represent it to the technology leadership team and business partners. Oversees the training and marketing for the service. Helps develop internal skills sets and mentoring of employees and customers of the service.
The M&T End User Computing organization [EUC] provides engineering, operations, and support of end user capabilities for all colleagues across M&T. Beyond supporting 32,000 endpoints, solutions offered include voice, video, collaboration, and filesharing. EUC is challenged with engineering modern devices, functionally solid software, and excellent experiences with a focus on ease of use, capabilities that enable productivity, and solutions that are modern and current.
The SME Senior Engineer within the M&T Desktop Engineering team owns and delivers OS imaging services for the bank’s endpoints. This includes activities around the service Lifecycle, responsible for maintaining adherence to corporate standards, vendor support, publishing the service roadmaps, presenting the strategy of the service evolution, maintain license compliance and forecast usage and contributes to the budget and forecasting for expense and capacity as well as documenting and enhancing the reporting and KPI metrics for the service.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve reported incidents, perform root cause analysis, and document remediation
- Monitor technology direction of industry and vendor applications.
- Ensure completion of schedules.
- Build positive client relationships.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree
- 6 plus years of experience, in systems design, project management and/or architecture
- Familiarity with banking or financial services systems is desired
- Significant experience in scripting - Windows PowerShell knowledge is mandatory
- Strong understanding of system development and infrastructure lifecycle and architecture, vendor best practices, IT Service Management, and systems design
- Experience with Infrastructure Applications such as Ivanti User Workspace Manager (formerly AppSense Desktop Now) (UWM) for use with persona management for Physical, Virtual desktops and Laptops
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, application preferences (App Data folder, Computer/User registry keys)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
- Familiar with standard ITIL procedures for technology changes (Test -> Certification -> Production)
- Strong technical understanding of Windows infrastructure services (e.g. AD, CIFS, and DFS) within the enterprise
- Experience in Scripting - Windows PowerShell, SMS, VBScript, Batch/Command
- Proficient computer skills required including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office products, printing, operating systems