Supervisor, Energy Management System (EMS) and Advanced Application
LCRA exists to serve the people of Texas. It’s been that way since the state Legislature created us in 1934. We continue that legacy today by providing a multitude of vital services to our customers and communities.
To enhance the quality of life of the Texans we serve through water stewardship, energy and community service.
- Supervise submission of model changes to ERCOT (Electric Reliability Council of Texas) coordinating with internal Transmission Operations and Transmission Engineering teams.
- Ensure ERCOT system remains in sync with changes made to company's electric transmission network including addition of new substations, circuit breakers, transmission lines, and changes in line ratings and/or impedances resulting from new projects.
- Supervise submission of network model changes to ERCOT and ensure consistency with ERCOT Nodal Protocols relating to Day Ahead Studies, Real Time Assessments, State Estimation, Contingency Analysis, and Market Systems in ERCOT Nodal market.
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring model in company's Energy Management System (EMS) remains in sync with real time changes in industry field.
- Direct maintenance of underlying models, reading and interpretation of power system one-line diagrams; and determine modeling requirements to model components in EMS system.
- Ensure and monitor performance of EMS systems based on accuracy of models in EMS system.
- Supervise and support EMS applications including Dispatcher Training Simulator.
- Direct loading processes of new snapshots from EMS to DTS; and facilitate related operator training.
- Provide support to Advanced Network Applications such as State Estimation and Contingency Analysis; ensure these tools run continuously; and provide necessary situational awareness to operators on control room.
- Conduct subject real-time Contingency Analysis to analyze impact of various contingencies and indicate to operator of any violation that are caused by these contingencies.
- Ensure reliable performance of these tools by quickly identifying root cause and resolving issue to enable operators continually assessing system security.
- Supervise 2 engineers who participate in modeling of new stations and equipment for above systems.
- In connection with above duties, utilize experience in the following: Energy Management Systems (EMS); Model and Graphical Editor (MAGE) product; Power System Operations, including troubleshooting real time operations issues, cleaning up TSM Model, and cleaning up violations and bad data in state estimator; Load Flow Analysis; contingency Analysis; State Estimation; Fortran Programming; C language programming; SQL queries; Unix/Linux Programming; Shell scripting; and Oracle Database
Requirements: Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 2 years experience in job offered or 2 years experience in related occupation using experience in the following: Energy Management Systems (EMS); Model and Graphical Editor (MAGE) product; Power Systems Operations, including troubleshooting real time operations issues, cleaning up TSM Model, and cleaning up violations and bad data in state estimator; Load Flow Analysis; Contingency Analysis; State Estimation; Fortran Programming; C language programming; SQL queries; Unix/Linux Programming; Shell scripting; and Oracle Database. In lieu of Master's degree, employer will accept Bachelor degree in above listed fields plus 5 years of progressive work experience in related occupation. Experience may be gained concurrently. Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Aleron companies (Broadleaf Results and TalentRISE) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.