The Vendor Relations Manager is responsible for sourcing qualified vendors capable of performing rehab and turn work in single family homes across one or more geographic regions. This role collaborates with Invitation Homes’ corporate support team to facilitate the administrative vetting of new vendors prior to the onboarding process by leveraging established third-party credentialling providers used by Invitation Homes. This role is responsible for working closely with the Regional Rehab & Turn Manager(s) of one or more geographic regions to capture feedback regarding the performance of vendors and to schedule and facilitate recurring business reviews with vendors. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Understand the qualities and attributes of high-performance vendors as well as the expectations of local Invitation Homes business unit leaders in order to effectively target and recruit potential new vendors.
- Strategically lead vendor sourcing efforts (i.e. physical meetings, online recruiting tools, etc.) by understanding and clearly articulating the value proposition associated with working as a vendor for Invitation Homes.
- Understand the Company’s vendor credentialing standards and administratively support vendors as they navigate the credentialing process.
- Collaborate with local Invitation Homes business unit leaders to onboard and train new vendors regarding Invitation Homes’ standard operating protocols.
- Schedule, organize, and facilitate recurring business reviews with vendors in partnership with local Invitation Homes business unit leaders.
- Identify opportunities for internal improvements to enhance vendor relationships and increase vendor loyalty to Invitation Homes.
- Understand and review vendor operational performance reporting to identify potential areas of opportunity for improved vendor performance and provide this information to local Invitation Homes business unit leaders.
- Support Invitation Homes supplier diversity initiatives.
- On an ad hoc basis, support Invitation Homes’ efforts to source maintenance vendors as well as candidates for internal field-based positions such as Superintendents and Maintenance Technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sourcing or managing single family residential vendors.
- Basic fluency in Spanish a plus but not required.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to set, manage and consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse workforce
- Ability to negotiate pricing for construction/maintenance work while maintaining time and material pricing structure
- Comfortable navigating technology using a tablet (e.g. iPad) and general business applications (e.g. Outlook, Salesforce, etc.)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to build effective professional relationships and influence outcomes
- Understanding and oversight of construction and renovation
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical and accounting functions
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions
- Knowledge of local building codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating and project management
- General knowledge of residential construction including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC
- Must be proactive, self-directed, highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast- paced, ever changing environment; must be adaptable and flexible
- Experience managing contractors to execute work
- Ability to successfully delegate tasks, manage a team, and train others
- Ability to drive an automobile
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Must maintain professional appearance
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis
- Extensive travel within assigned portfolio may be required
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more
- Ability to operate assigned equipment and vehicles
- Ability to verbally communicate to exchange information
- Indoor and outdoor field environment
- Exposure to atmospheric conditions
- Travel from site to site
- Work and/or walk on various types of surfaces
Invitation Homes is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. Invitation Homes strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability, marital or familial status, genetic information, military or veteran status, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer), sex (including, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, request for leave, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. This commitment to EEO extends to all areas of employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, compensation, benefits, termination, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms or conditions of employment.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and advantages of employment. Please contact email@example.com to request accommodation.
Applicants are protected from retaliation for filing a complaint or assisting in the investigation of a complain under this policy. Any questions concerning this policy or complaints about conduct prohibited by this policy should be forwarded to the Ethics Hotline at 877-231-3984 or www.reportlineweb.com/invitationhomes.