The Inpatient CDI team is looking for experienced CDI Consultant Clinicians who will be responsible for CDI education and training, CDI opportunity identification, and client support. They are also engaged in the process of enhancing the offering we provide to clients, given the tremendous changes already underway (Value Based Purchasing, Computer Assisted Coding, ICD-10, etc.) to ensure that we are positioning our clients well for these changes.
This role is responsible for education and training, client shadowing and support, chart reviews and audits, CDI process reviews and enhancements, supporting the enhancement of the offering, and client support. Heavy involvement and role in overall client interaction and satisfaction. Partner with clients in all phases of CDI engagements to assist them to succeed. Participate in multiple engagements with strong teamwork and time management required. Must have deep understanding and knowledge of clinical documentation improvement with prior training experience strongly preferred. Great benefit package and bonus incentives. Position requires travel to client sites throughout the country.
• Clinical credential - LPN, ADN, BSN, BA, MBA, MA or MS from an accredited college/university is desired
• Three or more years experience in a consulting/professional services setting or healthcare setting with focus on documentation improvement and relative issues is strongly preferred
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to team effectively with people of various disciplines and backgrounds is essential
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
• Demonstrated ability for developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders and/or clients
• Experience/knowledge of regulatory compliance issues facing the healthcare industry is a plus
• Ability to travel regularly for project assignments is required, up to 70 %