Outpatient CDI Clinician Job Description
Claro Healthcare is a premier healthcare consulting firm dedicated to helping our clients achieve and fund their mission. With a depth of knowledge and singular focus on healthcare, we collaborate with hospitals and health systems to help them navigate the unique challenges they face. We believe in the important work of our clients, knowing it has a direct impact on the health and well-being of people in their communities.
Our healthcare practice has our professionals working with hospitals and health systems, including numerous academic medical centers, top 100 hospitals, large systems, community hospital, for profit and non-profit organizations, and other organizations throughout the country. We partner with our clients to improve financial and operational performance, transfer knowledge and resources, sustain improvements over the long-term and proactively monitor and measure the impact for a strong return on investment.
The Claro Healthcare team is looking for a Clinical (RN) Senior Consultant with Outpatient documentation, coding, and/or charging experience integrated with the knowledge and experience of teaming with various hospital stakeholders to improve processes, measurement tools, and resources for the accurate capture of Outpatient revenue and compliance with industry rules and regulations. Heavy involvement and role in overall client interaction and satisfaction. Partner with clients in all phases of Outpatient CDI and Charging engagements to assist them to succeed. Participate in multiple engagements with strong teamwork and time management required. Must have deep understanding and contributions in the area of outpatient documentation, coding, and/or charging. These contributions should be definable, and illustrate value. Great benefit package and bonus incentives. Position requires travel to client sites throughout the country.
· Clinical credential: RN or RHIT preferred
· BSN, BA, ADN, MBA, MA or MS from an accredited college/university is desired
· Three or more years of experience in a consulting/professional services setting or provider healthcare setting with focus on Outpatient documentation, coding, and/or charging and relative issues is strongly preferred
· Experience in CDM(Charge Master Data) and revenue integrity strongly preferred
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
· Ability to team effectively with people of various disciplines and backgrounds is essential
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
· Demonstrated ability for developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders and/or clients
· Experience/knowledge of regulatory compliance issues facing the healthcare industry is a plus
Ability to travel regularly for project assignments is required (up to 70% travel)
· Salary based on the strength of the individual applicant and the current need within Claro Healthcare
· Competent in Microsoft suite of business software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint