The Assistant Service Manager at our esteemed client is a key member of their local team from both a technical and managerial standpoint. This role is ideal for a person who wants to lead one of our service centers and is ready to start taking the initiative among auto technicians. With the goal to become a Service Center Manager, this position sets up team members for success.
A day in the life of an Assistant Service Manager changes rapidly hour by hour.
- Leading the team as the Senior Technician
- Supervising and mentoring all service Technicians
- Providing service training to new Technicians
- Helping the Service Center Manager to find solutions for customer service
- Running inventory, scheduling and payroll as business elements of the service center
- Greet customers as they enter the service center
- Clean front end of service center and help set up sidewalk displays
- Help to maintain a clean, well-organized service center and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
- Provide superior customer service leadership
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook and company communications
- Open and/or close the service center under specific direction of the Service Center Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have full mobility, twisting, and working for extended periods of time with hands above the head
- Must stoop several times per vehicle up to numerous times per hour of work
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time each shift worked
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to use the computer
Work Experience and/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months of supervisory experience or related experience/training preferred
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k
- Candidates will participate in a six month training program that includes understanding of the Technician, Customer Service Advisor and Senior Technician positions
- Valvoline has spent 150 years under the hood perfecting our lubricants to improve vehicle performance. Our long history of success is an indication of the stability of our company.
- Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
Our Client is An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
One of their strengths is found in commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams
Working at Our Client
Our client supports their Assistant Service Manager in order to provide a clear career path toward a Service Center Manager position. They strive to recognize current employees and promote from within. They hire deserving candidates directly as Assistant Service Center Managers as well and provide a fast-paced training course, so if you feel you encompass the experience and skillset to succeed, we encourage you to apply today!
By applying for the Assistant Service Center Manager position at our client, you are putting your career in your own hands. The opportunity lies far beyond a job with a clear career track. They value their employee’s honesty, push for effective work ethics, recognize achievement and focus on self-improvement and ongoing learning. Apply today to begin your path to success.
Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.