Corporate/Group Sales Manager - Hospitality
Sonesta Hotels is a surprisingly different and welcoming full service hotel brand that focuses on guest services and providing an unique experience. We work hard to build meaningful relationships with our colleagues and guests. Every Sonesta Hotel team member plays an important role in our guest experience; therefore we invest in the personal and professional growth of all associates. You will work in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks. If you are a creative people person and want to have some fun at work, then look no further.
The Corporate/Group Sales Manager is responsible for the development of new business development opportunities while maintaining relationships with Key Accounts that book meetings and events. This individual must be a pro-active hunter to uncover new business, be an independent, strategic thinker using sound judgment and professional discretion to book substantial, profitable group business into the hotel, taking into consideration the needs of the hotel as well as those of the client. This position must be able to take the general pricing guidelines and booking patterns into consideration and make sound business decisions that will positively impact the hotel’s revenue. This position must be able to conduct outside sales activities to existing and new customers as part of a well thought out business development plan.
Manager will be responsible for business within these specified market segments concentrating on the solicitation of new profitable business
To achieve monthly revenue targets, develop and implement quarterly SMART plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and to complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales and Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Maintain and maximize existing client relationships
- Develop new business and contribute to the overall success of the hotel
- Includes the research, solicitation and development of new corporate negotiated accounts; protecting, nurturing, and growing existing accounts, while also closely working with corporate travel managers, travel agencies, wholesalers, and other third-party vendors to drive rooms revenue.
- Understand the competitive landscape and drive business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls and tele marketing
- Utilize your solid track record of success in achieving and/or exceeding your sales goals
- Demonstrate your professional presentation skills at Industry Trade Shows, Sales Events and Networking functions - proudly present the hotel to prospective clients
- Be self-motivated, team-oriented, ambitious and driven for sales success - truly enjoy creating new business
- Conduct sales calls, as indicated by the yearly Marketing Plan.
- Prospect various meeting planner lists to expand account base.
- Trace calls to existing accounts on a timely basis.
- Participate in key Sales trips; Global Sales Lead Sales Missions and blitzes.
- Work closely with the Revenue Manager to ensure the fulfillment of “Best Practices” regarding the managing corporate accounts, RFPs, and ensuring the optimum management of hotel room’s inventory to maximize revenue and ensure client/guest satisfaction. Support and work closely with the guest services & reservations staff to ensure that all corporate client rates are loaded correctly, and related client information is communicated and coordinated as needed.
- Meet monthly booking goals, as indicated by the yearly Marketing Plan.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively communicate the specifications to the appropriate departments via Group Booking Notices and pre-conference meetings.
- Execute additional projects as assigned by the Director of Sales and the Director of Marketing.
- Prepare monthly activity reports for the Director of Sales.
- New and existing account development
- Utilize online search & research techniques in conjunction with company mapping and prospecting, to identify and solicit new business.
- Fulfilment of RFP (Request for Proposal) process in conjunction with DOS.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Solid new business development abilities - excellent client relation skills
- Extreme organization and effective time management - excellent follow-up - strong attention to detail
- Required 3+ years sales & marketing
- Four-year degree in hospitality or other business related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-related processes and systems (i.e. IT systems specific to sales including Delphi, Meeting Broker and technologies or distribution channels used to source group business (Lanyon, Starcite, Cvent).
- A proficient understanding of online search & research techniques in conjunction with mapping, prospecting, solicitation, and development of client relationships and business development.
- Ability to read, understands, and accurately compiles informational/statistical reports.
- Must have a dependable automobile and a good driving record to make sales calls (mileage & expenses reimbursable).
- Travel out of town for multiple days required on occasion for Sales Missions, Trade Shows, etc.