As a Cloud Application Architect you will be expected to drive all technical and automated solutions design for both existing architectures and new, green-field solutions. This includes the development of operational processes as well as building and evolving application platforms with the objective of moving application frameworks toward cloud-based resources, where they can be clearly seen to offer an advantage over existing systems. With your technical background, you easily interact and work with client application and development teams and other 3rd-party partners working on cloud-based application migration and green-field development strategies. With your leadership background you are as at ease picking up a new API as you are with presenting to peers and senior executive audiences.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
● Hands-on experience architecting, engineering and managing cloud solutions on Google, AWS and/or Azure. GCP-specific experience includes App Engine, Compute, Kubernetes, REST API, Bigtable
● End-to-end understanding of software development methodologies and tool chains including several of the following: Java, .net, C#, PHP, Python, Angular2/JS, Node, Spring or equivalent frameworks
● Back-end technologies such as Postgress, MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
● Database scripting, stored procedures, and schema design
● Operating System fundamentals in either UNIX or windows, including permissions, service accounts, Encryption Management, automating startup scripts, etc.
● Knowledge in a variety of tool spaces including:
○ Code Management (e.g., Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, NuGet, Artifactory, etc.)
○ Testing methodologies (e.g., Unit, Functional, Regression)
○ Code Quality systems such as Fortify (HP), Clover (Atlassian)
○ Containers and Container Services (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
○ Application Logging (e.g., Splunk, Nagios, StackDriver, Papertrail, LogStash, Log4J, etc.)
○ Scripting (e.g., Shell, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Go, Groovy)
● Lead and guide application development teams through the design and execution of new applications development as well as remediation and extension of previously developed code.
● Identify industry best practices and draft standards for design and implementation of continuous delivery, integration pipelines and automation workflows.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with clients, internal and partner resources
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
● Previous leadership roles in application development organizations
● Previous experience with Google API’s, such as Vision, Dataflow, Dataproc, etc.
● Experience with some of the following: Java 8, Eclipse Jetty 9, Python 2.7 and Python 3.6, Node.js, Ruby, PHP, .NET core, or Go
● Network fundamentals (routing, firewalls, TCP/IP)
● Programming/development orchestration experience including Agile process (SCRUM, KANBAN, etc.)