As a DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to participate in all technical and automated build solutions design within both existing architectures and new solutions. This includes the automation of operational processes as well as building and evolving continuous delivery platforms with the objective of provisioning and moving changes into production in a faster and higher quality manner. With your technical background, you easily interact and work with client infrastructure and development teams and other 3rd-party partners under their Out of Data Center strategies.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
● End-to-end understanding of software development methodologies and tool chains including build automation, server configuration management, version control, testing, code quality and release automation.
● Hands-on experience architecting, engineering and managing cloud solutions on Google, AWS and/or Azure. GCP specific experience includes App Engine, Compute, Kubernetes, REST API, Bigtable
● Knowledge in a variety of DevOps tool spaces including some of the following:
○ CI (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
○ Build Management (e.g., Maven, Ant, MSBuild, Gradle
○ Automated Tests (e.g., Unit, Functional, Regression)
○ Server Config Mgmt (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, DSC)
○ Release Management (e.g., XebiaLabs, CA RA, Urban Code)
○ DB Automation (e.g., Flyway, Liquibase)
○ Containers and Container Services (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
○ SCM (e.g., Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, GitHub)
○ Packaging & Binary Repositories (e.g., NuGet, Nexus, Artifactory)
○ Change/Issue Management (e.g., Jira, ServiceNow, Service Desk, TFS)
○ Provisioning Frameworks (e.g., VMWare, Cloud Services, Cloud Foundry, Terraform)
○ Monitoring (e.g., Splunk, ELKStack, AppDynamics, Nagios)
○ Scripting (e.g., Shell, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Go, Groovy)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with clients, internal and partner resources
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
● Lead and guide the management of the DevOps tools utilized by the development teams to ensure scalability and resilience.
● Identify industry best practices and draft standards for design and implementation of continuous delivery, integration pipelines and automation workflows.
● Previous System Administration and Operations experience with data center infrastructure both physical and virtual
● Programming/development experience including Agile process (SCRUM, KANBAN)
● Related certification with one of the public cloud platforms