Embroker is the insurance brokerage the industry said would be impossible to create. Founded in 2015, Embroker has been named one the innovators shaping the future of finance by Goldman Sachs and one of the most promising private FinTech Companies in the world by CB Insights.
Our mission is simple: to make insurance work better for businesses of all types and sizes.
About the Position
We're looking for talented, obsessive insurance producer to develop and grow a new vertical within our Sales Team. This position - Vice President - Nonprofits Lead - will be responsible for executing on our go-to-market strategy focused on nonprofit organizations, including the development of customized proprietary insurance product offerings.
· Building out the nonprofit vertical with primary responsibility for growth of the book of business, including leadership of the vertical, pipeline development and strategy development
· Developing and executing on strategic and tactical plans to leverage and expand Embroker’s capabilities in product development, marketing, and technology to win in a new and expanding vertical for the company.
· Key member of the sales team, acting as a trusted advisor to the executive level client in broking, designing, selling and servicing complex accounts.
· Team leadership responsibilities, including hiring, mentoring and performance oversight of team members.
· Partnering across the firm to utilize appropriate resources for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
· Identifying key decision makers, clients or prospects risks needs and determines the services, products, & combinations that will best serve & address the client/prospect’s issues & objectives.
· Managing insurance marketing activities to carriers for insurance placement of related accounts, including receiving requests for quotations from account personnel, identifying appropriate carriers, sending requests, negotiating favorable quotes and preparing alternative options.
· Working with insurance carriers to build unique product, where appropriate, to meet the unique needs of the customer base.
· Building a detailed understanding of available offerings and uses this knowledge with assigned clients and those of colleagues.
· Demonstrating sales aptitude, communication skills, building and maintaining relationships, coordinating others, business acumen, strategic reasoning and a results focus.
· Proven ability to rapidly build and retain a profitable book of business in the vertical space
· Deep commercial lines insurance product knowledge and industry expertise in the nonprofit sector
· Demonstrates positive customer service skills, internally and externally, with effective communication, respect, and integrity.
· Highly organized and possess the ability to multi-task and effectively set and meet deadlines
· Active Property & Casualty Insurance license
· 10 year minimum agency sales experience required
· Works well independently with little need for supervision
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Salesforce.com a plus
· Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
· Motivation for sales achievement and consistent ability to meet sales goals
· Demonstrates leadership skills and continually leads by example.
· Works as a team member to achieve department as well as overall company goals.
More about Embroker
Embroker embraces differences and is committed to a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients. Our team is a diverse group with extensive experience in insurance, engineering, product design, sales, and marketing.
At Embroker, we work hard, have fun solving difficult problems, and push the boundaries of what was thought possible in our industry. We are always looking for ways to get better and exceed what’s expected of us. Our team members take ownership of our customer experience and the success of the company. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in building the next generation insurance company.
Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Chicago, Boston, and Belgrade, Serbia.