Excellent Opportunity With Growing Company
Our client has an exciting and new opportunity within their North American business unit. They are a global plastics manufacturer, operating 25 sites, in 15 countries, across 4 continents. In North America, there are currently 7 facilities all based in the US.
We are looking for an ambitious, skilled and seasoned accountant with aspirations of further growth as this position has a potential of becoming a supervisory role.
The Senior Accountant is responsible preparing account reconciliations, analytical review of various balance sheet and income statement accounts, assisting with financial statement preparation, working capital management and development of standard costs.
• Oversee account reconciliations and perform analysis of various accounts.
• Perform month end close process and prepare journal entries.
• Help further develop system controls to ensure data integrity and internal control compliance.
• Assist with financial reporting and analysis.
• Perform work order review, analysis and close. Provide costing calculations for the business. Monitor material and labor costs. Set and update standard costs. Communicate with the plants regarding any inventory related issues and variances in labor and material usage.
• Prepare various reports and presentations for the company’s management.
• Act as a partner to operations and other plant management. Examine and challenge current processes, work with stakeholders to establish and implement improved/efficient ways of working.
• Work with external/internal auditors to conduct effective and efficient audits.
• Assist with forecasting and budgeting.
• Work independently, manage conflicting deadlines and priorities as assigned.
• Solid understanding of US GAAP and internal controls (IFRS also preferred)
• Very good knowledge of manufacturing accounting and best practices
• Expert level of skill in Excel
• Basic level of skill in Word and Outlook
• Strong knowledge of general ledger software systems and ERP systems
• Knowledge of HFM helpful
• Ability to understand complex transactions and analyze data
• Self-motivated, and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Exceptional ability to multi-task, solve problems and resolve issues quickly and efficiently, in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting