Work You’ll Do
Our practitioners work in integrated project teams on a range of projects covering the entire lifecycle from planning through to design, development and the deployment of solutions. These project teams will often include specialists from other technical disciplines from within the consulting practice and from our clients. A focus on team work is therefore critical. For our clients, our Telecom Networking Senior Consultants reduce cost and support innovation at the enterprise level by managing business requirements and leading the functional design, prototyping and process design stages of Telecom Networking implementations.
Responsibilities will include:
· Identifying, writing and managing business requirements.
· Contributing to the functional and technical design, prototyping, and process design stages of implementations (including scenario design, flow mapping).
· Supporting configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training.
Combined with the right talent, technology holds the key too many complex business challenges. Many businesses rely on solutions like Telecom Networking to achieve important business goals. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we possess deep industry and functional knowledge of Telecom Networking and technology. We help our clients implement solutions to address the growth of connected devices, mobile consumption trends, next generation enterprise demands and digital transformation. Learn more about our Telecom practice.
Telecommunications Services and Solutions
· Business evolution and strategic flexibility
· Merger integration strategies including operation integration, PMO, and cost reduction
· Network Planning and Engineering (NP&E), and Network Operations transformation
· End user and Service Assurance platform and process design and implementation
· Strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management
· Product lifecycle management
· Contact center and customer relationship management
· Information technology strategies, IT cost reduction, business intelligence and application outsourcing advisory services
· Wireline/wireless, top tier National Carrier and/or OEM experience
· At least 2 years’ experience in SDN/NFV architecture solutions
· Strong Cloud and Network Architectural experience in areas of applications, virtualization, network and security with Software Defined Network(SDN)/Network Function Virtualization(NFV) working experience; preferably a blend of data networking, cloud virtualization, and data security technologies.
· 1+ years project leadership with the integration of LTE into pre-existing networks
· Demonstrated history of identifying and resolving a wide range of network issues in imaginative and practical ways, as well as exercising good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
· Experience in understanding how interactions between LTE and pre-existing 3G network elements effect network operations
· Experience with design and implementation of efficient operational processes for service/resource performance and quality management (service assurance)
· Experience in performance management principles for wireless/wireline networks based on industry standards like eTOM/TAM and working knowledge of the FCAPS (fault, configuration, accounting, performance, security) model
· Define common process and methodology covering all phases of Service Assurance (Collect, Monitor, Analyze, Resolve, and Track) in line with available guidelines and existing procedures for the optimization of existing networks to improve quality of service (QoS) and customer quality of experience (QoE)
· Act as a liaison party with stakeholders in terms of end to end integration testing – for technical and business flow
· Familiarity with performance management tools and features required for effective network operations
· Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project and Visio
· Strong project management experience and a commitment to quality and cost consciousness
· A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
· Eagerness to mentor junior staff
· An advanced degree in the area of specialization
· Experience working in a relevant technical role, either with another consultancy, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT team
· Experience with IT organization design and management principles/techniques (ITIL, ITSM), as well as IT management
How you’ll grow