Are you a skilled mechanical troubleshooter looking for a new challenge?
Are you the entrepreneurial type who likes to travel and manage your own workload?
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of protective packaging solutions. They are seeking a skilled Sr. Field Service Technician to install, repair and service packaging machinery at various customers’ facilities in the Macon GA area with travel throughout Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida. The duties will include managing your own field service territory along with assisting other technicians throughout the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Resolve customer complaints
● Examine equipment and determine needed installations, services, or repairs
● Examine and listen to equipment, analyze inspection reports and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
● Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery as needed
● Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments as necessary.
● Test and replace industrial equipment components using test meters and hand tools
● Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements for functionality and safety
● Train customer on proper use of equipment
Why should you join the team?
● Skill development opportunity to service, maintain and sell the top packaging equipment in the industry!
● Flexibility! Set your own schedule and manage your own inventory!
● Company car, mileage and car insurance
● Corporate expense account
● Company laptop and cell phone
● Basic knowledge of PLC programming, hydraulic and pneumatic technology
● A strong working knowledge in the mechanical field
● Ability to effectively use and read measuring instruments, such as multi-meter, amp meter, micrometers and calipers
● Ability to establish effective rapport with all levels of employees and customers
● Ability to take initiative and organize their own work independently
● Competent customer services skills, with the ability to analyze the root cause and find permanent solutions to issues
● Ability to engage in extensive customer interaction
● Willing and able to travel, overnight travel (approx. 70%)
● Solid computer skills (MS Office Applications and Windows-based programs)
● Corrugated box plant experience is not required but desired
Experience and education
● Minimum 3 years of field or industrial maintenance experience
● A valid driver's license and your own general hand tools
● Mechanical background preferred
● Machinist background a plus, but not required