Our client is a leading global manufacturer of protective packaging solutions. They are seeking a skilled Production Supervisor to join their growing organization.
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This role must be able to comprehend and manage complex operations, ensuring production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner. The Production Supervisor will report to the Production Manager.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, preparing and revising schedules, resolving problems and reporting results.
- Check production output according to specifications
- Setting daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicating them to employees
- Establish and maintain procedures, work instructions, and JSA’s to insure that the proper processes are being used
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintains proper inventory levels
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures. Trains new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures and ensures continuous safe use of equipment by all team members. Investigates safety incidents.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Manages production staff for high performance by communicating job expectations, monitoring job results, coaching employees and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field highly desired
Experience / Abilities:
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in production environment required (or equivalent combination of education and experience), including role as Production Supervisor
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to drive team cohesiveness and performance
- Must be self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Thorough working knowledge of the safe practices, means, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of production facilities
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow federal, state and local codes and statutes
- Ability to read, understand and work from oral and written work instructions
- Ability to establish appropriate priorities and to allocate resources and time for individual and team projects
- Ability and willingness to train others and to develop work plans and schedules
- Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required (Word, Excel, and Outlook)