Pennsylvania, United States
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of production schedules for each operation to successfully meet customer demand while also optimizing finished goods and WIP inventory and minimizing machine changeovers.
- Analyze and create operating schedules that support maximizing machine and labor efficiency and efficiently utilize material and storage space resources while meeting customer requirements.
- Manage customer order expectations with the schedule and production floor.
- Communicate daily with internal and external customers as to status of all open orders/jobs.
- Manage finished goods availability, and potential production issues, ensuring that personnel, equipment, tools, materials and services are available as needed.
- Work with internal customers to coordinate schedules and establish priorities when required to prevent customer service issues.
- Make or recommend revisions to planned production schedules as necessary when schedules cannot be met, including preparing back-up schedules.
- Analyze issues and provide solutions, creative and logistical, to problems concerning production, shipments, shortages, changes and cancellation of orders.
- Manage the volume of work orders issued to the floor. Ensure work orders are issued to the floor with both available raw stock and/or capacity available. Utilize a combination of created and released work orders to manage the flow of work sent to production while maintaining a short-term finite schedule.