Health and Safety Manager
Greater Seattle Area
Washington, United States
Our client is an award-winning printing and packaging company located in Renton, WA. They manufacture folding carton, single-face laminate, retail-ready packaging and commercial print;as well as offer in-house design services and complex project management.
Lead employee focused Environmental Health and Safety programs and while ensuring compliance with TL, state, and federal policies, regulations, and laws relating to environmental health and safety.
- Develop, implement and maintain a program to identify, monitor, evaluate, communicate and control occupational hazards.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive Environmental Health programs to include preventative procedures which deal with machine hazard control, food sanitation, surveillance of sewage and solid waste disposal.
- With the staff, develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive Safety Engineering program
- Coordinate the activities of the Health and Safety Committee.
- Develop and maintain training and instructional programs related to all aspects of environmental health and safety.
- Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety documentation, policy and procedure manual records, and reports are accurately and regularly maintained.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific, engineering, or public health field.
- 7 years of comprehensive, professional experience with environmental health and safety programs.
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively.
- Computer skills, including the use of MS Office and other software applications as required.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work with co-workers, vendors, and the public professionally and tactfully.
- Other duties as assigned