About the Job
Our client, a leading producer of strapping and packaging systems, is currently looking for an experienced Production Supervisor for our night shift- 2nd Shift. They have a strong commitment to safety, quality, customer satisfaction, productivity, and their employees. They offer competitive wages, a complete benefit package and the opportunity for challenging work in a team-oriented environment. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager. The facility operates 24/7, as such the successful candidate will be flexible as well as a solid communicator with other shifts, leadership, and support groups. If you are dedicated to safety in all you, and your direct reports do, have proven leadership skills, are detail orientated, possess a strong work ethic and can work in a fast paced environment, you may be an ideal candidate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Production Supervisor oversees all aspects of day to day production and manufacturing personnel activities, leads team meetings, and facilitates continuous improvements in the process with emphasis on quality, reduction of cost and waste. S/he is responsible for ensuring the production of a quality product and meeting production/customer specifications while achieving plant productivity objectives.
· Ability to identify and correct unsafe situations and/or behaviors and model safety in all you do.
· A team player possessing excellent communication skills and having the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
· Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Assess situations, make judgments, analyze problems (not just symptoms), make logical decisions and carry out the decisions made.
· Work as a team with other Supervisors to achieve company goals and objectives.
· Thoroughly communicate all needed information with the other shifts.
· Work with Plant Management, maintenance, Quality, and Engineering to solve production challenges.
· Enforce company policies and rules.
· Ensure safe working conditions and rectify any issues.
· Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline, and measuring of employees' performance as necessary to complete evaluations (including temporary staffing).
· Supervise overall plant operations by planning, prioritizing, organizing, and delegating work effectively.
· Troubleshoot production lines and coach Line Operators.
· Ensure the general operating procedures and guidelines are followed in production by all shift personnel.
· Perform other job related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
· Ensure the organization is in place and that all individuals within the organization have their roles clearly understood. Work with Group Leaders to achieve the targets of each key operational indicator.
· Participate as required in Continuous Improvement teams and provide leadership and support to teams in their efforts to meet and exceed targeted capital costs.
· Employ the principles of Lean manufacturing for elimination of waste and optimization of labor efficiencies.
Five+ years of proven supervisory or leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Experience in extrusion facility preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Engineering, Business, Management) or 10+ years direct experience. Related formal training programs will be considered
Strong decision making-skills and proven ability to prioritize
Ability to conduct crucial conversations
Intermediate computer skills
Ability to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends and holidays
Training may take place on day shift
Our client is Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.