Our client is a leading global manufacturer of protective packaging solutions. They are seeking a skilled Buyer to join their growing organization. This position provides daily support to the Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, and Plant Manager for both Production and the aftermarket Service and Parts Business. This position reports directly to the Purchasing Manager.
Summary of Main Functions
· Analyze MRP data for optimal buying of parts related to production and service requirements, place purchase orders as required
· Expedite backorders with vendors via e-mail and phone calls
· Initiate, coordinate and implement vendor
· Investigate and analyze inventory discrepancies using the Syspro computer system
· Perform analysis and implement programs for improvement for the management of the appropriate levels of inventory for 2-Bin, consignment and expense items to ensure on-time delivery of all products.
· Responsible for maintaining inventory levels to achieve a goal of under 2.0 M.O.H. while meeting customer needs
· Assist in BOM clean-up and manage future BOM requirements to ensure appropriate cost allocations
· Work closely with Customer Service team to maintain customer satisfaction and promote teamwork and a positive work environment.
· Coordinate and schedule monthly cycle counts and resolve issues in a timely manner while working closely with the accounting department.
· Review, suggest and implement operational procedures to minimize errors in payables and resolve issues immediately.
· Syspro/Navision champion for tools and heads; assist in trouble shooting, data analysis, system modifications, updates, and monthly Metrics reporting
· Perform all duties while conducting oneself within the parameters set by company guidelines.
· Assist in the annual Physical inventory
· Other duties as required and assigned.
The effectiveness of this position is measured by inventory performance, i.e. M.O.H., customer service effectiveness such as fill rates and back orders, meeting cost savings objectives. This role will work with Purchasing Manager, Plant manager and Operations Manager to define annual goals and objectives. Solid communication, computer and analytical skills required.
Experience and/or Education Requirements
College degree in related field, plus 3-5 years of direct purchasing experience. Basic working knowledge of MRP computer systems, effective communication skills, a thorough understanding of inventory control, scheduling and project management. Strong administrative, negotiation and motivational skills in a production environment are also necessary.