Our client is a leading global manufacturer of protective packaging solutions. They are seeking a skilled Sr. Buyer/ Purchasing Project Manager. This is a newly created position to be based out of the Glenview, IL area and reports to the Sr. Director, Global Procurement.
The Senior Buyer / Purchasing Project Manager is responsible for partnering with the Category Managers to drive RFx activities and manage strategic programs. These strategic programs will include developing sourcing plans in support of new product development initiatives, driving cross-functional activities for large scale VAVE initiatives, developing capital projects, and re-sourcing high SKU complexity suppliers or commodities. The Senior Buyer / Purchasing Project Manager will work with the Category Managers to define cost/delivery/quality improvement project objectives and manage the projects against plan to ensure commitments are met.
· Support/lead sourcing projects in tandem with Category Managers to drive improvements in cost/delivery/quality
· Prepare supplier selection recommendations - including RFQ process, supplier evaluation and communication, and participation in sourcing decisions.
· Manage procurement activities for New Product Development programs to ensure suppliers are engaged to support prototype and pilot build activities
· Interface with Category Managers, Operations, Engineering, and Sales/Marketing to ensure project tasks are completed and milestones met
· Drive VAVE initiatives, including supplier pre-award reviews, development milestones, and PPAP approval processes
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree (in Engineering or Supply Chain preferred).